What is your epic ride planned for 2013?

ssky0078

So, after getting a little tired off all the gun control talk, surviving 12/21/2012 and dreaming about getting back on 2 wheels I thoght a fun thread would be a place for people to post their planned/dreamt of epic rides for 2013.

The days are getting longer, except you blokes down under, they be getting shorter. Many of you still have a few months of crappy weather to go, but why not put some thought into what the year could hold on the positive side of things.

I'm going for the Million Dollar Highway in June/July

Durango, CO to Ouray, CO - Google Maps

Bonus points if you post a pic, video or map

Last edited:
C

Camo

Ride 1, Feb 2013-Tumbi Umbi NSW to Scott's Head NSW. Scott's head to the Oxley Highway and back.

Ride 2, time unknown- snowy mountains ride.

Ride 3 is to Phillip Island for either the superbikes or MotoGp, not quite sure yet.

Got some decent track time and advanced courses booked so the 8 will be getting plenty of love in 2013 :)

S

Shock

I plan on hitting up the Three Sisters in Texas. Goes through some of the prettiest parts of the state.

n00b

Avid Rider
not EPIC, but given my crazy work sched, probably biggest ride I'll manage next year... about 250 miles each way

from Maryland through the mountains to Snowshoe, WV, with a good friend and his Roadstar

n00b

Avid Rider
I used to do this a couple times a year in my toy car... this'll be the first time on a bike. Some pics from the past...

my car in front...

greenbank radio telescope

god's country :)

seneca rocks

some of the turns along the way... LOTS of these

C

calscrazy

first one is 3 days of motogp in austin in april. 12 of us.
second is 4 days in arkansas in may. 6 of us.
third is murphy,nc with a stop at barber on the way. 6 of us.

lmracefan

Dragon's Tail

Wanting to ride the Dragon's Tail at Deal's Gap. It's a 630 mile ride just to get there. Guess I'll se what kind of tour bike the 8 is.

D

Deleted member 438

Wanting to ride the Dragon's Tail at Deal's Gap. It's a 630 mile ride just to get there. Guess I'll se what kind of tour bike the 8 is.

I hope to go next season and spend a couple of days down there.

D

DJK1505

Have two or three track days planned, one trip to the gourge in West Va, and Black Water falls in WV. Then my usual 300+ mile rides through WV, Va, PA, etc most every saturday!!! Cant wait for this weather to warm up!!!!!!

master paper clip

My epic ride will be anywhere out of the states of nj, pa and Delaware... hopefully meet some fellow member and finally see an 8 on the street that's not mine

FZ8.UK

So, after getting a little tired off all the gun control talk, surviving 12/21/2012 and dreaming about getting back on 2 wheels I thoght a fun thread would be a place for people to post their planned/dreamt of epic rides for 2013.

The days are getting longer, except you blokes down under, they be getting shorter. Many of you still have a few months of crappy weather to go, but why not put some thought into what the year could hold on the positive side of things.

I'm going for the Million Dollar Highway in June/July

Durango, CO to Ouray, CO - Google Maps

Bonus points if you post a pic, video or map

Hi Mr SSKY,

Great choice, I did this route twice,, 3 years apart, fantastic cannot recommend the roads highly enough, if you get time the Silverton/durango steam train is worth a ride, can i come to.

ride safe

RyanSterling

Suspension Mod Evangelist
My brother has a house in Bend Oregon. My riding buddies and I have been thinking about making the trip up there from LA once it warms up a bit.

W

WARPTH

Just finished planning this with a couple of mates. This Thursday, heading up to Thredbo via Khancoban. O/N in Thredbo then head to Tumut via Cabramurra.

https://maps.google.com.au/maps?sad...-CIR5kYazFQ70OQtAkGBA&oq=wagga&mra=ls&t=m&z=9

It is easier and quickier to head by by Jindabyne and Cooma, but Cabramurra is betterererer :D

if you leave wednesday night, you could come down south and do the great ocean road with us thursday ;) my self and a few boys are heading down to apollo bay. its only about 4 hours from there. ;)