what helmet are you wearing? why? PRO's/CON's?

Sentinel

I've been rocking the Bell Star with the "Transitions" lens.

Bell Star Motorcycle Helmet

+ Very Light Weight

+ Best ventilation I've ever experienced by far

+ Very good aerodynamics

+ Transitions Lens does a pretty good job under most daytime lighting conditions

- Build Quality is Pretty "Made in China" Poor, with one piece randomly broken and others just popping off and flying down the road! :eek:

- Loudest Helmet I've Ever Used By Far

- Transitions lens does not block direct in the eyes sunlight well enough, as in riding towards the rising or setting sun. I plan on placing a strip of window tint across the top to help with this.

I wouldn't recommend purchasing this helmet to anyone.

Not sure when I'll be replacing it, but I'd really like to try out a modular helmet with built-in sunshield next time around. After doing a lot of research, these are my top two choices:

Nolan N104 N-Com Modular Motorcycle Helmets

SHOEI North America | Neotec / Experience The Versatility

W

WARPTH

had a shark s600 till i had my bingle. was a GREAT helmet, very comfortable not much wind noise. and took about 5 seconds to change visors and aerodynamics were good. ventilation was ok

View attachment 659

replaced it with the shark RSI, visor still really easy to change takes about 10 seconds, VERY comfortable helmet. but quite a noisy helmet, wind noise is shocking! would prob be pretty good on a faired bike, but on the naked. its quite bad above 100kmh

View attachment 660

i'll most likely end up replacing it with a ARAI vector 2 or a shark speed r. APPARENTLY the speed r has been designed for use on naked bikes...

D

Deleted member 438

I am a Shoei and Arai guy, and I am currently wearing an old Quantum 2. The Arai is probably the most comfortable helmet I've ever worn, but the shield can be a little difficult to put back on once taken off. I recently picked up a Bell Vortex on the cheap to try out the transitions lens, but after 3 rides I could feel it's cheapness compared to the Japanese helmets. The vents all feel cheap and there is a little bit of distortion in the lens that bothered me on the first ride. It'll make a decent back up helmet or something for a passenger.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mansack

Gray Scorpion EXO 1000.

Got it because it was super cheap on sportbike track gear (~$100). Good notes are the internal visor, looks great, and fits my head relatively well. It is a bit on the heavy side, which actually seems to work well with our bike - my head doesn't flop around on the highway. Visor is completely anti-fog, no doubt about it. I have never had a scorpion helmet fog up on me, ever. Shoei on the other hand... :mad:

I wish the visor went down more and covered more of my vision, but it sure beats getting caught after a long day of riding when the sun goes down and you only have your tinted visor. The helmet seems to run a half size small, so compared to my older exo-400, the fit wasn't AS good, but it's forming to my head really well. The air pump is a gimmick, and I really don't use it at all. From many online reviews, they say the air flow isn't good at all. I don't find that to be the case. Sometimes I have too much airflow and I have to close all the vents.

Overall, pretty happy with it. Forego the goofy graphics, and go with a solid color.

RnR

Arai Profile for my oval head. As has been stated Arai shields are goofy compared to the nice, simple Shoei style. But they are ok once you do it few times.

rail

I don't have a tinted visor, just wear sunglasses inside it. The sun visor helps a bit with reducing glare. It drags a little bit at highway speeds but it's not bad on the FZ8. It was much worse on my DRZ which did not have a single aerodynamic surface on it lol, all the wind buffeting was left to me :cool:

stross13

got the bell rs-1 and have been wearing it for 2 weeks or so and love it a little loud but not bad i would buy again