What do you do to afford your FZ8?

decooney

30+ years in IT/IS Enterprise Systems Engineering, Development, & IT Tech Services Management.

Last edited:

Rotaryknight

I am a freight handler for a distribution center of a company. Before this job, I was a ship welder for two years, before that I was a mechanic for 8 years.

I love hard labor, never keeps me bored.

Though....if any of us won the lottery, would we still look at a fz8 to buy one lol

MotoRick

Motorcycle Fanatic
I work for the NSA listening to phone calls all day and let me tell you, you people are boring!

97audia4

Sole proprietor painting company. Specialize is custom painting , faux doors and level 5 finishes.

97audia4

What are level 5 finishes?

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.

Level 5 finish can be done two ways depending on size but most of my jobs are big rooms so i spray a product like patch compond but it's already thinned out to go through my sprayer. It self levels and gives the wall 20 mills thickness and a smooth surface with no sanding required. Then use a high quality paint from SW and spray what colors are desired and it looks smooth like butter. Not cheap by any means but its awesome looking once done.

ssky0078

Hey cambo, why is there an unmarked work van outside my house every time I've left and come back today after I made the CIA/NSA reference? Did I blow your cover? Should I offer the guys inside doughnuts? There's this awesome doughnut shop down the street called Bosa Doughnuts, I'm sure your buddies will like it.

SD70M2

Drag-Strip addict
IAM Machinist, it's a glorified term for railroad parts changer. It is pretty cool doing a piston/con-rod for locomotive when a single cylinder can be 710 cubic inches.

cambo

Avid Rider
Hey cambo, why is there an unmarked work van outside my house every time I've left and come back today after I made the CIA/NSA reference? Did I blow your cover? Should I offer the guys inside doughnuts? There's this awesome doughnut shop down the street called Bosa Doughnuts, I'm sure your buddies will like it.

lmfao dude...nope not me...I wish I did something cool like that! No, in my day job I sit, for 14 hours a day, in a windowless vault and stare at 6 monitors. and if something blinks red I click on it to make it not blink red anymore. and then I go back to my pizza. or doughnut. or poptart. or coke zero...whatever I'm snacking on at any given moment...and continue staring blankly at these computer screens. But on one particular computer screen I have youtube up. watching videos of everything from A-10s and special forces guys to professional downhill mountain bikers and motorcycle/car mechanics...and occasionally open up a new tab to do a quick google search: to see if they've invented a time machine yet. so I can start all over. They have not yet.

Also I refresh the fz8-forum page every 5 seconds to see if someone has responded to a thread I'm particularly following.

But coincidentally enough, I am a doughnut connoisseur and will add this "Bosa Doughnuts" to my bucket list. :tup:

MotoZen

I, too, stare at monitors all day :-(

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.

Marthy

Working on thing that look like that... so I can afford to pay for my new FZ09 that is coming soon. Down payment is in and I should get it within 2-3 weeks... or whenever the stealership get the first one!

Whoohoo!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2