What did you do to your FZ8 today?

MojoRisin

I actually got my bike back from the dealer (they've had it for 8 weeks total since the middle of May) and was able to ride it with no issues. Now I just need to find someone to buy it so I can get that GSXR 750 I have my eye on.

V

Vapordan

I actually got my bike back from the dealer (they've had it for 8 weeks total since the middle of May) and was able to ride it with no issues. Now I just need to find someone to buy it so I can get that GSXR 750 I have my eye on.

Sad to see you go. From my recollection, I got the impression that the latest GSXR-750 did not review well - if you are influenced by reviews. Good luck.

kjonas75

Had the 1000km service done. Only cost 100 aus dollars, as I did the oil and filter myself. Also converted to single seater. PCV was fitted and noticed more popping, and I assume it is because the AF ratio is richer.

David3

Did a nice trip (200km) into the Alps this Sunday. Weather was perfect (sunny but not too hot).

V

Vapordan

^^^ ok somebody just became a paid member :D It's all good, it's all good.

Codyengr

Not knowing much about handlebar risers, and frankly being new to riding altogether, what are these risers for? What do they do for your riding position? I recently bought a 2012 FZ8 (on Thursday) and love it, did you not like where the handlebars were? Also, side note, what is the first thing most people upgrade when buying there fz8? Thanks!

Black Widow

Avid Rider
Not knowing much about handlebar risers, and frankly being new to riding altogether, what are these risers for? What do they do for your riding position? I recently bought a 2012 FZ8 (on Thursday) and love it, did you not like where the handlebars were? Also, side note, what is the first thing most people upgrade when buying there fz8? Thanks!

Handlebar risers are spacers under your bar clamps that bring the bars up for a more relaxed sitting position, less stress on wrists and arms. My first upgrades were mirrors/tires/seat in that order. Others will say suspension, but for a naked standard that it is, the suspension is fine, for supersport handling, best to start with a supersport. If you want to spend big $$$ and ride real aggressive, adjustable suspension will give you the most noticable upgrade.

MotoRick

Motorcycle Fanatic
Radiator cover, swing arm spools, tank pad, frame sliders and bar-end mirrors were first for me.

V

Vapordan

Also, side note, what is the first thing most people upgrade when buying there fz8? Thanks!

Absolute first thing to upgrade is....your smile. Riding these other cheesy ass crappy bikes, you kinda get a half-assed squint on your face which you think is a smile. When you get the FZ8, break out that quarter-past-9 grin from ear to ear.

This is a chick fresh from riding the fz1.

David3

Absolute first thing to upgrade is....your smile. Riding these other cheesy ass crappy bikes, you kinda get a half-assed squint on your face which you think is a smile. When you get the FZ8, break out that quarter-past-9 grin from ear to ear.

I agree even more to that! :D

compensation

For me it was barend mirrors, tank pad, "in memory of" painted, tires, saddle bags, fender eliminator, reflective wheel strips, the new carbon heal gaurds. That was under the first 2000 miles.
I will stay away from exhaust and pcv as long as i can. Money is better spent on tires, hand grips, comfort, and handling for me.

H

Hoover

Most of my miles are city riding and as so, I want to see, be seen and heard.
Bar end mirrors, a bright yellow Simpson Bandit helmet and a "big shouty exhaust".
Oh, the ridiculous rear fender goy junked with only 7 miles on the bike also.

C

Camo

Suspension, suspension, suspension. Also a fender eliminator and new rubber... Handeling is key for me.
Also upgrading rider skills/rider training is money well spent :)

Mrpacis

Sold it, traded for 2010 R1 and love it B-)
Sorry guys ;-)

Traitor lol. I turned in my engine guard and got it powder coated red so it'll match the red rim tape. Also got the radiator guard coated flat black and the rear pegs ghat black picking it up tomorrow can't wait