What did you do to your FZ8 today?

BLAZEX09

Commuter
Went for a ride. At least I didn't get the ticket.

No speeding awards for you eh. You'll have to try harder next time :D

Back on topic: I went for a quick 300km burn. And messed around with my new Xena xx10 disc lock. Glad it's finally warming up here!

SeñorJack

El Guapo
Finally had a chance to throw my Ohlins rear shock on.

Why is the rear wheel all the way off? haha, because I'm taking it to get the pilot road 3 put on, and the S20 taken off tomorrow. Went with a 190/55.

im rocking that same rear tire. got a pr2 190/55 im gonna try soon. I loooooove my PR3s.

HeadFX

Finally got my Luimoto seat covers fitted :) Bought them in December and had them fitted by a "master saddler" in a shop over the road from my office, that does saddles and accessories for horses etc.

The quality feels great, but the saddler guy told me it quite difficult to fit the covers... in fact when I first went to pick them up there were a couple of small creases in the covers of both seats and so I asked him to see if could sort them out (which he did).

I'm impressed with the look, but the combo of the extra material at the front of the riders seat and the tank cover I've got meant it took about 20 minutes to get the seat bolts in true :mad: Well, to be honest, I had already cross-threaded one of the holes :rolleyes:

G

GNoiZZ

cleaned the bike and discovered a crack at the tank cover :mad: and got more pissed off as i discovered the price :eek: for a new Yamaha tank cover.

after a bit research i found a carbon fiber tank cover from Bestem USA, and ordered it should arrive next week....hope it is the $206 worth.

cambo

Avid Rider
im rocking that same rear tire. got a pr2 190/55 im gonna try soon. I loooooove my PR3s.

Got the tires installed on the rim at the dealership and buttoned everything up at home. We got a freak snow storm today, so it'll be a couple more days. G'damn winter needs to end :/

SeñorJack

El Guapo
Got the tires installed on the rim at the dealership and buttoned everything up at home. We got a freak snow storm today, so it'll be a couple more days. G'damn winter needs to end :/

bummer :/ i live in california. I took her out with the go pro today around lake berryessa. I have a few vids but I need help compressing them. ill put them up soon :)

cambo

Avid Rider
bummer :/ i live in california. I took her out with the go pro today around lake berryessa. I have a few vids but I need help compressing them. ill put them up soon :)

nice! looking forward to seeing them. youtube needs more fz8 vids...getting tired of watching the same ones, including the reviews by that German guy. lolol

SD70M2

Drag-Strip addict

Can't agree more, my baby was sittin out on the patio, so I had to brush her off and hide her this morning

VDCOFF

I installed a yoshimura fender eliminator kit this past sunday evening, some of you may have saw my post asking about the wiring, which was so insignificant because after I was done I was hitting myself in the head for posting that thread because I realized how easy of an install it was haha

slowkey

I installed a yoshimura fender eliminator kit this past sunday evening, some of you may have saw my post asking about the wiring, which was so insignificant because after I was done I was hitting myself in the head for posting that thread because I realized how easy of an install it was haha

We all hit ourselves in the head from time to time :) the joy of doing your own mods

VDCOFF

We all hit ourselves in the head from time to time :) the joy of doing your own mods

Ah yes the joy of doing our own mods and the money saved because of it! :D

Does anyone know if it is alright to slap on a danmoto carbon gp slip on before the 700 mile break in threshold?

SeñorJack

El Guapo
Ah yes the joy of doing our own mods and the money saved because of it! :D

Does anyone know if it is alright to slap on a danmoto carbon gp slip on before the 700 mile break in threshold?

I believe its 600 miles, and when you add an easy flow exhaust, I believe your pc starts to adjust the fuel to air ratio to compensate for the lack of pressure in your pipes. your engine cant reuse unburned fuel as easily. I believe. anyways, as your are breaking in your engine it is probably best to have the stock fuel:air mixture as the engine was engineered to be broke in with a specific mixture. anyways you only need to go on one big ride and back and you are good to go :)

David3

David3, that is an awesome picture brother! The sky makes it.

Thanks brother! Just one day later the snow was back. And it's still all white outside so I went back inside and just finished mounting my new ebay tomok mirrors. Looking good!

VDCOFF

I believe its 600 miles, and when you add an easy flow exhaust, I believe your pc starts to adjust the fuel to air ratio to compensate for the lack of pressure in your pipes. your engine cant reuse unburned fuel as easily. I believe. anyways, as your are breaking in your engine it is probably best to have the stock fuel:air mixture as the engine was engineered to be broke in with a specific mixture. anyways you only need to go on one big ride and back and you are good to go :)

good point, I may take a trip up to Boston to visit some family!

SeñorJack

El Guapo
nice! i grew up in new england. maybe I should make a trip from CA to MA haha. that might be a cool post :)

and bummer about you guys in cold weather... ya'll are welcome to come visit california and borrow some of our sun :) I saw some clouds today, they cruised on by on their way to oregon :)

VDCOFF

ugh i was so excited to leave work today and ride the bike to the gym...and then right when i got home the sun went behind the clouds and it got colder out...then i decided not to ride because i just got over bronchitis and I don;t want that shit again