Vortex rearset owners!

jumb5150

Could you guys take a photo of the shift side more importantly the shift rod from rearset to engine. Thank you very much . And if you guys have moded the the sprocket cover I wanna see that too!!

Lee_533

Here Ya Go. I have my shifting set at GP style so it's reversed. If you don't want to reverse your shifting just use the hole to the right of where mine is set. Also, the cover being messed up, that was my friends fault. I told him that the placement was wrong but he didn't believe me. You just have to drill a hole in the top and cut a square in the bottom so the shifter can fit. If you need any more pics or info let me know.

ramrod

Hey Lee, I see the shift rod is going through the Sprocket Cover, how close is it to the front sprocket?

Lee_533

Hey Lee, I see the shift rod is going through the Sprocket Cover, how close is it to the front sprocket?

I would say a good 2 inches? Far enough out that I wasn't worried about it touching. Honestly if the chain breaks, the shifter linkage is the least of my worries lol. It will be fine. You can buy an aftermarket cover (which I plan on doing) but it works for now.

jumb5150

Thanks for putting it up lee! Just wanted to confirm my install. I got bored yesterday at work so I powdercoated the shift rod to black. I did keep the front cover off tho. Now Im thinking about cutting it out on the water jet or using our CNC mill on my free time to make my first true custom part on my bike. Im thinking annodizing it black then using the laser to etch my club logo or just a yamaha logo will do too.

Jwood9

Just curious has anyone used the rizoma cover with vortex rearsets yet? I'm really tempted to do this but don't want to spend 150 if it doesn't work perfectly lol