Vacation 2012

C

calscrazy

so tina and i went on vacation last week. saturday we stopped at barber. worth the trip for anyone who hasn't been. i only had 3 hours to spend there and could have been there alot longer if allowed.
barber pictures by calscrazy - Photobucket

we left there drove to atlanta (worst frigging traffic ever, and i have been in l.a.). on the northside of town i unloaded and rode to cherokee,nc. highway 23 north out of atlanta to franklin,nc is nice but north of franklin to cherokee on 23 then 441 was phenomonial!!!
random pictures by calscrazy - Photobucket

stayed the night in cherokee. did some gambling!! then we drove to burkeville,va where my in-laws live. if you don't know they have a historical marker in the front yard. the original house was used as a hospital during the civil war. when they bought it my father in law discovered a room with abunch of books, hand written journals, old silverware and plates, etc. the smithsonian has been there to catalog and inspect their stuff. they have donated alot to the smithsonian and kept alot. he keeps most of it locked up in the safe. he built the church. he builds custom homes and furniture.
inlaws pictures by calscrazy - Photobucket

monday we went fishing and didnt catch nothing!! tuesday i rode to charlottesville and met my wife and a friend of hers at monticello, then to mitch's tavern for lunch and to an orchard with great views. yes tina bought some beer and wine!! the ride there was really nice. 460 is slow and scenic, 15 north out of farmville had alot of hills and 20 into charlottesville was hilly at start but got twisty closer to town which made it fun.
tuesdayvacation pictures by calscrazy - Photobucket

wednesday i struck out on my own. i decided to go see jamestown settlement and ride the colonial parkway. after i had lunch in norfolk. couple of things; the drawbridges are pretty cool, parkway was great even though there is a 45 mph speed limit its still fun, the tunnels that go under the water are fun with the exhaust but they are creepy (especially knowing you are underwater yet there are water puddles in the road)!! i got lost in norfolk and ended up in the ghetto (thank you garmin)!! finally got out and took 58 west (just ok) to 46 north (alot of fun as i was able to pick up the pace and hit some twisties) to 460 west.
wednesday ride pictures by calscrazy - Photobucket

we left thursday and just drove straight home with no stops except for a hotel thursday night. enjoy the pics!

those of you in virginia sorry i didn't post anything as i just figured most of you would find the stuff we are doing boring! Tourists!!!!

C

Camo

Thanks for sharing mate, looks like a pretty part of the world.
Kudos for combining a holiday to see your outlaws with riding, genius!

FZER

Avid Rider
Absolutely love 441 out of cherokee. We go to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge a lot. Anywhere near Atlanta sucks.

D

DJK1505

Looks like ya'll had a good vacay. Anytime you are around Va post up, I am always down for a ride, and have a ton of great rides around all of VA.

Glad you guys had fun, a ton of driving!!!!

DJ