Updated with Pics!- Motodynamic LED tail light here today

jafolcke

Not sure why they are sideways. apologies.:confused:

Also, if your wondering what I did for a LP bracket, I took a Stainless kick plate for a door and cut it down, bent it, and drilled holes to match the LP and old holes from the fender.

Last edited:

waypoint

mod squad
nice! i like not seeing turn signals. how was the install? was everything you need included? splice wires?

jafolcke

nice! i like not seeing turn signals. how was the install? was everything you need included? splice wires?

no problems at all. all the proper hardware was included. just follow the simple instruction page to see what plugs into what.
Since theres no LP lamp any longer there are two small connection points that are unused, I just electrical taped them up and zip tied the whole bunch of wires together.
I am having a slight issue with the blinkers though. It says there is a resistor built into the new hardware, but mine still go nuts. Ill need to do a little more looking into it.

jafolcke

After just a few minutes of looking I found on the Motodynamic page under the trouble shooting page it says there needs to be some resistance in the circuit or else there will be too much juice to the tail light. It even specifies that NO FRONT TURN SIGNALS will do just that. Since I am waiting on my new LED front turn signals, I have already removed the stock ones and there is nothing connected at the moment. Tomorrow I'll reinstall them to se if thats my only problem. Should be.

waypoint

mod squad
After just a few minutes of looking I found on the Motodynamic page under the trouble shooting page it says there needs to be some resistance in the circuit or else there will be too much juice to the tail light. It even specifies that NO FRONT TURN SIGNALS will do just that. Since I am waiting on my new LED front turn signals, I have already removed the stock ones and there is nothing connected at the moment. Tomorrow I'll reinstall them to se if thats my only problem. Should be.

what did you get for front leds? i'm thinking a pair of rizoma zero 11s for the front and either the integrated in the rear or a matching pair of 11s. anyway. thanks for the info. i do like the no-signal look on the rear. :rockon:

jafolcke

what did you get for front leds? i'm thinking a pair of rizoma zero 11s for the front and either the integrated in the rear or a matching pair of 11s. anyway. thanks for the info. i do like the no-signal look on the rear. :rockon:

Thanks, im definitely digging no signals in the rear. I went with yamaha brand LED rear signals, and just sticking them in front.

SeñorJack

El Guapo
looks sweet man. Just FYI for you california and probably other US riders, I just almost got a huge ticket on my 8 for my rear signals. They officer said they need to be 9" apart. although, he said the pnly reason he pulled me over is because he has seen me pulling wheelies off duty. guess I need to get farther into the cuts!

socal

yea you have to have the same amount of resistance in the system that you would if you had the stock front lights. so if the front is led then you need resistors on those to slow the rears blink rate. also I had to swap the right and left integrated blinker wires because the coloring is backwards.