Towing Bike

FZER

Avid Rider
I'm most likely not going to ride my bike to TN next weekend. When I put my bike in the truck I usually compress the front shocks with tie downs. What's everyone's thoughts on that? Would it hurt anything?

C

calscrazy

ur not compressing them all the way. plus its a short trip u should be fine.

beefcake morris

ur not compressing them all the way. plus its a short trip u should be fine.

Just as mention, don't compress them down all the way. If you have extra straps put two on the rear as well. I always use my straps from the bottom tripple tree. I don't care for canyon dancers.

bobbyb

Won't be a problem. As a tip. if your tie downs are "2 piece" undo them and use the webbing as the hold piont. No marks on the bars this way. pic is mine coming from the dealer .
B

metalmulisha

i bought a tie down system built for sport bikes. it hooks into the handlebars and you attach regular tie downs to each side, it keeps them off the bike. and compressing the forks is legit, just dont go all the way down, you can blow your seals. i compress about halfway down to be safe.

FZER

Avid Rider
i bought a tie down system built for sport bikes. it hooks into the handlebars and you attach regular tie downs to each side, it keeps them off the bike. and compressing the forks is legit, just dont go all the way down, you can blow your seals. i compress about halfway down to be safe.

Awesome thanks to everyone.