Top gear television show

Larry P

I am declaring war against these fools! They recently ran an episode of a corvette z06 police car vs a triumph speed triple in a "getaway race". After the Z06 overtook the bike at the last straightaway (because s3's are drag machines...) and won, they made the statement that no motorcycle can outrun the police! Obviously they're exaggerating a bit, but still! These guys have obviously been hit in the head to believe cars can always beat bikes. They intentionally put a straightaway at the end for the corvette to easily overtake a non aerodynamic bike without a big top-end hit. S3 is a brilliant ride, but it's at 139 hp and naked. I'd like to see the likes of the maniac known as ghostrider show them who can go faster in a straight line on his twin-turbo hayabusa. Hell, even a stock liter race replica could have done the job just as well with the right rider. Ducati's regularly spank italian exotics on the racetrack in head to head matches by the same muppets.

You know what I'm talking about here, bikes beat cars everyday of the week and twice on Sunday! Screw cars! /Rant off

W

WARPTH

Your right. considering the car theyve used it should have been put up against something like a panigale or a zx10

Crazywb23

I am declaring war against these fools! They recently ran an episode of a corvette z06 police car vs a triumph speed triple in a "getaway race". After the Z06 overtook the bike at the last straightaway (because s3's are drag machines...) and won, they made the statement that no motorcycle can outrun the police! Obviously they're exaggerating a bit, but still! These guys have obviously been hit in the head to believe cars can always beat bikes. They intentionally put a straightaway at the end for the corvette to easily overtake a non aerodynamic bike without a big top-end hit. S3 is a brilliant ride, but it's at 139 hp and naked. I'd like to see the likes of the maniac known as ghostrider show them who can go faster in a straight line on his twin-turbo hayabusa. Hell, even a stock liter race replica could have done the job just as well with the right rider. Ducati's regularly spank italian exotics on the racetrack in head to head matches by the same muppets.

You know what I'm talking about here, bikes beat cars everyday of the week and twice on Sunday! Screw cars! /Rant off

The s3 was set up for pure acceleration and stunting. The extended rear swing arm and HUGE pizza cutter rear sprocket. The bike would not handle worth a crap, and top speed maybe 130. Any OTHEr liter bike the Z06 is toast. Thats why they picked that bike, they needed the corvette to win.

C

Camo

Here in Australia, we call that 'taking the piss'.
They deliberately do shit like that for laughs.... Take it with a grain of salt.

H

Hoover

That show is a pile of crap. The fat bloke with the beard is a moron and Tanner Foust should just shut up and drive as that's all he's good at.
I highly recomend you watch the original version on BBC America or Netflix.
It is the funniest, most gear-headed show ever.
It is in it's 18 season now and the most watched show in UK.
The US version is a piss poor attempt and almost all the stunts are exact copies of what has been done on the Brit show.
I believe that most countries have their own version. The original is by far the best. :tup:

sinclap2

Lazy
I totally agree. The Australian Top Gear never really got there. I think there were four seasons, then they just shit-canned it.

What is the point making a local version? They're just doing the same things as the UK version.

BIGpanda

I actually like the show, it has it's moment but it does it's job, which is to be entertaining and in that respect I like it. All their tests are GROSSLY subjective, but you know what? I don't care it's fun to watch.

FZER

Avid Rider
Love the UK version. Absolutely hilarious. I loved when Jeremy drove the Nissan GTR and said he hurt his neck going through tight curves. I heard about the episode you are talking about and if it was the U.S. version you are right, total crap. Watched it once and never again. BBC just went HD too on direct TV!!!!! I DVR every episode new and old of the UK version. They did really hammer the F-150 Lightning one time, but the things they killed it on they were spot on.

Last edited:

rysyndrome

Top Gear U.K. is best show ever. I love the episode where they go to Vietnam and ride the bikes/scooters. Not sure which series that is, few years back I think. I also like the Wheeler Dealers show that's on Velocity HD.

C

Camo

That show is a pile of crap. The fat bloke with the beard is a moron and Tanner Foust should just shut up and drive as that's all he's good at.
I highly recomend you watch the original version on BBC America or Netflix.
It is the funniest, most gear-headed show ever.
It is in it's 18 season now and the most watched show in UK.
The US version is a piss poor attempt and almost all the stunts are exact copies of what has been done on the Brit show.
I believe that most countries have their own version. The original is by far the best. :tup:
Damn, I thought the OP was talking about the UK lads lol! Didn't realise there was a US version.
Our Aussie version was rubbish as Sin said but I've always been a fan of clarkson and the boys.

sinclap2

Lazy
Damn, I thought the OP was talking about the UK lads lol! Didn't realise there was a US version.
Our Aussie version was rubbish as Sin said but I've always been a fan of clarkson and the boys.

I think Nine use to show it on the weekends at an odd time, but then it just disappeared from the line up. The episode of the US version ive seen at least twice here is the one where they're in the Corvette being chased by the Cobra attack helicopter.

H

Hoover

Love the UK version. Absolutely hilarious. I loved when Jeremy drove the Nissan GTR and said he hurt his neck going through tight curves. I heard about the episode you are talking about and if it was the U.S. version you are right, total crap. Watched it once and never again. BBC just went HD too on direct TV!!!!! I DVR every episode new and old of the UK version. They did really hammer the F-150 Lightning one time, but the things they killed it on they were spot on.

POWWWWWWWWWERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Clarkson is the biggest arse ever to appear on tv. But he is also the funniest and most honest.

Oh, read his books too. I have all 12 and they are piss your pants funny.

FZER

Avid Rider
Top Gear U.K. is best show ever. I love the episode where they go to Vietnam and ride the bikes/scooters. Not sure which series that is, few years back I think. I also like the Wheeler Dealers show that's on Velocity HD.

Oh my god that one was great! Was it Jeremy that couldn't pass his test? So damn funny.

kuwaiyert

Well the character The Stig add more ingredient to the show... Anyway i watch UK version.. Dont realize there is US version.. But there is 1 episode where the UK meet the Aussies n its hilarious..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hereward

Top Gear UK.........oh dear, what have us brits unleashed on the world LOL

Out of the 3 UK presenters (clarkson, may and hamond) both May and Hamond are keen motorcyclists! Clarkson however isn't LOL Top gear is and allways has been about cars, occasionaly through the years bikes have poped up but nothing serious. The bike V's car question has been raised many times on the UK top gear and yes even despite may and hamonds cries of "unfair" the car allways wins..........well mostly.

Not sure if thhhose in the US will be able to view this, I hope so as it shows the "behind the scenes bike love" of top gear UK :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPCFh7F9hwY]Ross Noble's bike tour of Britain - Top Gear Outtakes - BBC - YouTube[/ame]

rysyndrome

Oh my god that one was great! Was it Jeremy that couldn't pass his test? So damn funny.

Yup and the beginning always cracks me up when they get 5 million dong and are all excited to get that much cash and it ends up being like 500 bucks. What is that, like only 300 british pounds or something? And Jeremy's crash is priceless, with the camera shooting right at him as he goes down. lol