Tips for adjusting your shocks.

NoNine4me

I aim for 30mm-35mm in the rear, and 5mm-7mm more in the front. The bike will handle turns alot better without having oversteer.
Tires have a huge effect on setup as well as rider weight. Bridgestone, Dunlop, Pirelli all have different profiles and diameters, not to mention carcass stiffness/compliance. Best thing about the FZ8 is if there is an issue you can be darn sure it's not because of a bad chassis design. Any issue can be worked out with a little effort and time.

ausfz8

Question:

Bike: 2013 FZ8
Rider: 6'5" 240lbs geared
Rear Sag: 40mm (highest preload)
Front Sag:40mm (still has some to go)

Is it more important to balance the f/r sag or to set each as close to 30 as possible?

I'm finding the rear of the bike a little squirrely in corners, with the rear kicking out from me mid-corner or bucking slightly as I begin to apply throttle. Other than that, it handles better than I can ride.

//Also, the 2013 has adjustable rebound in the rear as well as compression/rebound in the front. I haven't adjusted either.

getting that right rebound and compression helps out a LOT! that way you can stiffen up your preload etc. if need and have that compression absorb the quick bumps we face on the roads.