the COOLEST thing happened this weekend

hypo

I had to go to a wedding for one of my wifes co-workers. beautiful day, could have been out riding, but free beer, free food, and dancing, plus we're in Texas so I wanted to see how they 'GET DOWN' here in the heart of the big star state.

Turns out the groom is a fireman, and his wife and he rode from the church on the back of the firetruck. pretty cool! We got to the reception area, sat down with all my wifes coworkers, chowed, drank and then the music started playing. Once the first dance was over, they got right into the warm up music (70's rock-Steve Miller, then some AC/DC from the 80's) and then moved into the questionable music (Vanilla Ice, Macarena, etc...)

During one of the songs a guy starts doing the worm across the dance floor while everyone stood around in a circle to watch who was going to do what. I was waiting for some MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice came on, and since I love to throw it on the dance floor, and I was a jackass when that song came out, I got out there. At the end of the song I was standing next to the guy who did the worm and I looked at him and recognized him from somewhere.......

and then it hit me.

THIS WAS THE GUY WHO PICKED ME UP OFF THE SIDE OF THE ROAD WHEN I KILLED THE DEER BACK IN FEBRUARY!!!

too fucking cool! The other guy who was out there dancing is the one who put the stabilization collar on my neck!!! freakin crazy!

They tried to play it off and I made it REALLY awkward on them, my wife freaked out and gave them both huge hugs and thanked them over and over. They thought it was really cool to meet me, he said "we never get to meet the people we take to the hospital" ...

totally made my day. The guy who put the collar on my is the husband of one of the ladies my wife works with.

:cheers:

C

calscrazy

ain't no beer like a free beer!!!

very cool hypo. my little brother is a fireman and said he always feels weird when people recognize him. they just see themselves as everyday guys.