tail tidy help

JRunner

Unclip them in the tail (all of them have bullet connectors or similar) and feed the wire through. I only had to cut wires when I put my integrated tail light in since I bought the FZ1 version rather than waiting for the FZ8 version with the proper pigtails.

not sure what you mean... sorry :confused:

Are we splicing in the new wiring at the connectors somehow like a T?

lyric911

not sure what you mean... sorry :confused:

Are we splicing in the new wiring at the connectors somehow like a T?

If all you're installing is a tail tidy, you'd be reusing all the factory turn signals and tail light. You just unhook the wires, remove factory fender, install tail tidy, run wires and rehook.

Harrywz

I see a number of manufacturers of Fender Eliminator kits available - prices ranging from $69-$129. Evotech, Yoshimura etc. They look pretty much the same in the pictures, I haven't seen any actual yet.

I will probably go for the Yoshi kit, mostly based on name and rep. Most of you guys go with Yoshi over others? Any specific reason? Just curious.

I did come across HotBodies - Hotbodies Racing - Windscreens, Undertails, Megaphone Exhausts, Bodywork... - which makes some sweet looking aftermarket stuff, but nothing listed for the FZ8. I emailed them to see if they had any items planned for the FZ8 and am waiting to hear back.

I went with the Targa undertail. Comes with wires with yamaha connectors on one end and bullet connectors on other end for the aftermarket non led lights you get with the kit. So no cutting or splicing. Only thing I didn't like about it was sorta fit loose at first and you may want to install some washers between the aluminum plate and tail of the bike. The 4 holes that are left after removong the stock tail have a slight lip that extends thru the plastic. I ordered the undertail without signal lights, installed a motodydnamics integrated tail light. This tail light came with wires as well with Yamaha connectors and load resistors already in line, so was just a plug and play unit.Oh ya, the license light has bullet connectors and the one that came with undertail connected just right.

bayou bo

I went with the Targa undertail. Comes with wires with yamaha connectors on one end and bullet connectors on other end for the aftermarket non led lights you get with the kit. So no cutting or splicing. Only thing I didn't like about it was sorta fit loose at first and you may want to install some washers between the aluminum plate and tail of the bike. The 4 holes that are left after removong the stock tail have a slight lip that extends thru the plastic. I ordered the undertail without signal lights, installed a motodydnamics integrated tail light. This tail light came with wires as well with Yamaha connectors and load resistors already in line, so was just a plug and play unit.Oh ya, the license light has bullet connectors and the one that came with undertail connected just right.

Harrywz,

are u saying that if i order Targa FE with led lights it will plug straight in without cutting/splicing? btw, do i need something to correct flashing rate with Targa fe?

Harrywz

Harrywz,

are u saying that if i order Targa FE with led lights it will plug straight in without cutting/splicing? btw, do i need something to correct flashing rate with Targa fe?

Yes. It comes complete with led lights with bullet connectors, Wires that have Yamaha connectors on end and bullet connector on other end to fit the led lights, cover slips for the wires and a small LED bar that sticks to the undertail that connects to the bullet connectors on the bike. You will need either load resistors or a new electronic flasher. I posted a link to a flasher on Ebay thats a direct replacement to the OEM unit. There are a couple of other electronic flashers but you have to figure out mounting and have a harness on them.

bayou bo

Yes. It comes complete with led lights with bullet connectors, Wires that have Yamaha connectors on end and bullet connector on other end to fit the led lights, cover slips for the wires and a small LED bar that sticks to the undertail that connects to the bullet connectors on the bike. You will need either load resistors or a new electronic flasher. I posted a link to a flasher on Ebay thats a direct replacement to the OEM unit. There are a couple of other electronic flashers but you have to figure out mounting and have a harness on them.

Harry,
Clicked on "eBay" in your response only brought me to generic page. If you dont mind could you please give more info for flasher replacement, I sure would appreciate it. Thank you