Tail of the Dragon

TGPrevost

Took a family vacation during Thanksgiving; brough the off road bikes (WR250, TTR125L, TTR90, PW50) to enjoy the acres of mountain wilderness with the kids; we were staying in a lodge just outside of Robbinsville. Got in touch with "sportbikes4hire" and rented some bikes (two DR-Z450 motards for my brother and I, and the Vulcan for my dad). Made a loop starting with the Dragon and came back via the Cherohala. Being from south Louisiana we thoroughly enjoyed the roads. Came back home and for Christmas I became a proud owner of a new 2012 FZ8.

Dragon's tail was nice with all the curves but the Cherohala is so much faster and scenic! Definately ride US129 and get the shirt, stickers... but don't limit yourself, go explore!

C

Camo

Took a family vacation during Thanksgiving; brough the off road bikes (WR250, TTR125L, TTR90, PW50) to enjoy the acres of mountain wilderness with the kids; we were staying in a lodge just outside of Robbinsville. Got in touch with "sportbikes4hire" and rented some bikes (two DR-Z450 motards for my brother and I, and the Vulcan for my dad). Made a loop starting with the Dragon and came back via the Cherohala. Being from south Louisiana we thoroughly enjoyed the roads. Came back home and for Christmas I became a proud owner of a new 2012 FZ8.

Dragon's tail was nice with all the curves but the Cherohala is so much faster and scenic! Definately ride US129 and get the shirt, stickers... but don't limit yourself, go explore!
Sounds like a kick ass holiday mate!

DaKow

All the Saddlesores
Did the Dragon and Cherohala this past Thanksgiving weekend. I went with my uncle and a couple of friends who all have VTX's. It was amazing. And, there was no traffic, but it was REALLY cold. I think the high temp was 45 in Murphy that weekend. There was some water on one of the rock faces on the side of the Cherohala that didn't move. Seeing that slowed me down a bit. Lots of great scenery up there. When you're riding the Dragon, though, you don't get to take much of it in. It really does make you concentrate if you ride faster than the suggested speed in the curves. I can't wait to do it with better tires in a warmer season. Next time, I think my uncle and I are going to ride there and camp out for a week or so. I'll post up when I go if anyone is interested in meeting up there.