Summertime gear: what do you use?

Ignacio-Arg

Hi!. On this side of the earth summer it's coming, and yesterday temperature went up to 35°c. I have River Road 4 season jacket, and it's a nice jacket but too hot to use.

What do you guys use on summer?

D

Deleted member 438

Check out speed and strength, it seems to be quality gear at a good price. I have a Dainese mesh jacket, but you could get all the dainese features in a less expensive jacket.

Last edited by a moderator:

master paper clip

I have a johnny rocket mesh jacket, has a removable rain liner and I like it feels great in the summer riding full jacket but feeling the wind like the jackets not there.. played 150 I think

Wieb27

I wear my same Alpinestars leather year round and just deal with the heat. Then again Wisconsin isn't the same type of "warm" climate all the time.

H

Hoover

I've got a great pair of flip-flops from Ron Jon's Surf Shop, and a nice Sex Pistols t-shirt with the sleeves cut off.

sinclap2

Lazy
I have a Dririder (im not sure if Dririder stuff is sold every where?) symmetry jacket. I just remove the inner liner and it is good to go for summer. I also have some alpinestars short leather gloves.

Ignacio-Arg

I have a Dririder (im not sure if Dririder stuff is sold every where?) symmetry jacket. I just remove the inner liner and it is good to go for summer. I also have some alpinestars short leather gloves.

Dririder?. An australian trademark?. Nice jackets, but it seems that you can buy them only in Australia :(

Mansack

I wear my Scorpion Large-Tall Phantom "Stinger" leather jacket, and usually some Scorpion textile pants w/ pads, Large-Tall. Haven't been able to find a lot of tall sizes gear-wise, other than going full custom. Both fit me perfectly. My old moto dealer kept trying to sell me an XXL Triumph jacket, or "just wear gauntlets." Bah. Gloves are S&S, got 'em for $20 on sale (last years model). Love those too.

Boots are sidi's, and love those as well.

Both the pants and jacket came with liners, and I use those when it's cold, and don't when it's hot. I try my best to wear all my gear all the time. The one thing I might skip would be the pants, and wear jeans. Depends. If I go on the highway at any point, I wear the pants. Around town or to a movie? Jeans.

Ben1105

I recently bought an Olympia AirGlide 3 in hi-vis yellow and black. It has two removable liners so it should be pretty cool in summer but I have not tried it yet. Also, it does not get too hot here in the PNW in the summer so it should be okay. Fits me like a tailored suit. Love it. But sizes run a bit big. I am 5'-10", 165 and have a size Small, the smallest size they have.

http://olympiamotosports.com/catalog/mesh-tech/mens-airglide-3-mesh-tech-jacket/

I have that jacket in grey and black, the layers make the cold much more bearable and the heat not quite as bad, you still warm up sitting in the sun at a light, but once you get above 30-40 it stays quite cool.

And I'm just about your size 6' and 165 and it fits me fine. I think I got a small as well.

C

Camo

I sport a cheap ass Motodry, 3 seasons type jacket with everything but the armour zipped out of it and Kevlar jeans or icon overpants.
Best jacket I ever bought and it cost me 120 bux ;)

If I'm going to ride a bit more spirited, leather+gauntlets+smx5 vented boots.
Rather be hot than rashed up in hospital!

W

WARPTH

I'm the same have a vented textile jacket with armour for cruising and still wear the leather dainese jacket for a spirited ride. Its not too bad with the bubble liner when your moving.

Ben1105

I only own a textile as of now, and a fair bit of my riding is atleast somewhat spirited, maybe I see a leather jacket in my future.

C

Camo

I had an awesome summer icon jacket but the fuck'n zip snapped off after 3 months!
I'll probably get it re-zipped but that shit isn't cheap.
I know blokes that have sworn they'll never wear leather, to each their own.

D

DJK1505

Scorpion and Alpinestars jackets. I have a few of the mesh jackets and perf leather ones. Its usually in the 90's around here in the summer and I feel fine with these. Both are great quality.

Shorty perf leather gloves, Icon, Alpinestars, and Scorpion

Textile pants, a few pairs have perf patches throughout the pants for venting. My pants are some I found on ebay, hand stitched from Canada and 85 bucks each. I like them, and they have liners so I wear them year round. Oh they are also waterproof without the perf patches.

Boots, man I have a ton, I like the super duty 4 from Icon, short boot, feels great, can wear them all day, etc. I have a perf pair of Icons, a few Pumas that are nice with perf pannels for venting,m and when I am going out to get serious and blow caution to the wind, I have a few pair of motocross boots I wear. Very high, tons TONS of protection. I prefer the motocross boot to any street boot I have tried.

All have great venting for summers out here in Va.