Sub Cowling + Full Akra System

shaunone

First post, can anyone tell me if the Yamaha sub-cowling will work with Akra Ti full system? It looks like the Akra headers are quite different from stock and I'm wondering if they will interfere with the cowling, thanks

Shaun

hypo

looks like a bolt-on/slip-on SIDE mounted peices... I don't see any issue from here... but I'd have to see the config on the AKRA setup...

hypo

I see what you're worried about... the 4 into 2 into 1

ok now I see it.

I suppose someone WITH the lower cowl could measure between the tips, if you could get a measurement from tech support at AKRA it might help you.

although I'm not sure that picture is the ACTUAL PERFECT REPRESENTATION of what you actually get in the mail... it might just be marketing informational picture to show header to pipe tip.... just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

Speedo007

Let me know if you need the measurements between the cowl tips. The big difference I noticed from the Akra shape is that they dont have the inward curve like the OEM, they just make like an "L". I'm pretty confident they would fit but I'd still try to get measurements from Akra since on the stock one there's about 1" of space between the cowl pieces and the header and I assume that 1" is fully necessary to avoid the plastic from melting.

stross13

the arka header

will the arka header fit the 2011 fz8 they only list it for the 2010 on their web site does anyone know???

Speedo007

will the arka header fit the 2011 fz8 they only list it for the 2010 on their web site does anyone know???

Considering the tiny changes made to the 2011, I seriously doubt you'd have any problem fitting any accessories for the 2010.

stross13

thanks speedo

thx speedo i think i will try to contact arka and see if i can get an answer from them i thought it would fit but i want to be sure before i spend the money:)

Speedo007

no problem. They designed the header for the FZ8 so they can certainly answer if their's is wider or not :) Lucky you if you get those installed...!

FZER

Avid Rider
looks like a bolt-on/slip-on SIDE mounted peices... I don't see any issue from here... but I'd have to see the config on the AKRA setup...

Wow what a great picture! Did anyone ever put the lowers on with an Akra full system?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 438

I'd also like to know 'cause I'd love to use a lower with my arrow header.