Stubby Two Brothers carbon?

cambo

Avid Rider
A MIVV double gun arrives this Wednesday. That means the two brothers will come off asap.

Regarding the two brothers, I've always thought it was just a little too long so this is a perfect opportunity to try and shorten it.

Has anybody else tried this? Any advice? Tips?

I just watched a youtube video so I'm ready to hack away.

For science!

H

Hoover

A MIVV double gun arrives this Wednesday. That means the two brothers will come off asap.

Regarding the two brothers, I've always thought it was just a little too long so this is a perfect opportunity to try and shorten it.

Has anybody else tried this? Any advice? Tips?

I just watched a youtube video so I'm ready to hack away.

For science!

I hacked my DM in about 2 hours. Just be carefull with your measurements and dry fit it before you rivet it all back together. The packing can cause itching so wear gloves if you have girly skin.
If you use tape at the cut line, the carbon won't crack or splinter

D

DJK1505

Hell yeah cambo, get yours done and get some practice. I want to do mine as soon as my bike is all back together!!!!

DJ

cambo

Avid Rider
right on man! haha, one way or another, this project will be usefull to this site. It'll be a "How-to" or a "What NOT to do"

lol!

For science!

cambo

Avid Rider
welp...I finally got around to chopping this can. I can't say it's pretty. Probably the only thing I'd do different next time is chop the back end off instead of the front. That way, you can't see the mangled pipe lol. The saw I used just ripped it to shreds and I had to beat the hell out of it to get it round enough to stick the end caps back on.

Like I said, it ain't pretty, but now you've got a visual. All that's left to do is fire some rivets in there and I'll call it complete.

In the end, I shortened the can about 5.5 inches.

thanks to motogpmad for his 'how to'.

SeñorJack

El Guapo
wow that looks super good. I love how hoover's DM looks I just did that to mine with a hack saw haha :) it would be super cool to hear that two bro...