Stolen Bike: Bad News, Good News

Guillaume

Damn, I feel like I'm gambling with statistics... I use a cheap disc lock and park it in the street when I'm staying at my girlfriend's, which is quite often. I can't really bring much more otherwise I'd be carrying a backpack everywhere I go. Never had an issue yet, the street is quiet (knock on wood).
At my place it's outside behind a closed gate, no lock (just the steering) but I can't imagine someone trying to drag a 460lb bike out of the property without me or my landlord noticing...
I'm going to look into that Xena annoying disc lock though.

yup, here too. Id rather my house was broken in to that my garage. Has it's own motion activated alarm. Ive accidentally set it off SEVERAL times. Between that and the loud cars and bikes. My neighbors love me :p

Hey RyanSterling, you're back! We need to talk about your headlight, I need something like that...

Trooper

I would love to watch a thief try to leave with my bike with one of my two Rottweilers chewing on his leg. It would make for a good fail video.

:D

RnR

I had a 1953 FL1200 pinched. 3 years after I get a call from a guy who says he's got my bike in his garage and it's beautiful. Asked me if I wore colors. I say no. He says great as he'd hate to be returning this to a biker. Turns out the guy is law enforcement. They picked up a thief who did residential break and enters. Said the Harley was like a shiny bead to him and he couldn't resist. Sat in the guys basement for 3 years - didn't even know how to ride. I never had theft insurance so getting it back was unexpected and a great surprise.

Never did get the snowblower and other stuff I lost back.

Last edited:

Black Widow

Avid Rider
Hope you didn't use the key cutting service for your Lear Jet or your house in Malibu either.

No, i use my dogs to look after the high end stuff...

stainless

Aftermath

After all the hassle, TD Primum insurance gave me the "market value" (blue-book), and 25% on the value of accessories I could present bills for, minus the 1000$ deductible.

I moved on to a 2010 FZ1, which I bought a week ago. The insurances are now a pain to deal with... they either refuse to cover or give a skyrocketting quote! My fourth try was acceptable: Desjardins.

So this will be my last post: I'm now in the FZ1 forums. See ya all!
:canada::fiddy:

JSP

Administrator
After all the hassle, TD Primum insurance gave me the "market value" (blue-book), and 25% on the value of accessories I could present bills for, minus the 1000$ deductible.

I moved on to a 2010 FZ1, which I bought a week ago. The insurances are now a pain to deal with... they either refuse to cover or give a skyrocketting quote! My fourth try was acceptable: Desjardins.

So this will be my last post: I'm now in the FZ1 forums. See ya all!
:canada::fiddy:

Glad its all over with. You can still hang out with us if ya want. ;)

Blanchy

Keep mine locked up in my garage with no external handle for opening. Then there are my three dogs with very large vocal abilities who bark when a fly gets to close to the house.

And if those two deterrents fail, my third deterrent is nearly 100% effective, as it can move at 3200 feet per second, is effective out to several hundred meters, and never misses. :eek:
That is why we now need mobilizers in Australia. No High Speed Lead Poisoning.