Shad Seat Discount Code

ZeeKdaGreeK

I feel like this might be a good question but it also might not be.. On the stock seat sometimes the heat rises up and my ass feels like its on fire. Have you experienced this with the aftermarket seat? I was hoping maybe the construction of it might help with heat disbursement..

lance2448

Woops, I forgot about this thread!

I only have this picture, but I can get more towards the weekend. Overall, the seat is more comfortable for normal riding. I would say it's a moderate firmness, but is shaped to that there is more surface area, which makes it feel wider.

It seems to be a tad bit lower however, which sucks because I happen to be tall. My butt and back tend to be less fatigued after longer rides though. Overall, I'd say it's worth it, but not quite as dramatic of an upgrade as I was hoping for.

No opinions on the passenger seat yet.

thach1130

Not sure how much it cost to ship from Canada to U.S. but there's Eddie (dirt road) on the FZ1 forum which does a pretty awesome job with modding the seat. He add more cushion up front so your nuts won't be squash against the tank. Not sure if it is the material he uses or because the weather been getting cooler. I haven't notice the seat getting hotter after the seat mod. A lot of people recommend putting heat shielding material under the seat to deflect the heat.

lance, which belly pan is that?

Last edited:

lance2448

That is the Ermax belly pan, but it had to be mounted differently due to the engine guard. I'll be adjusting that some day.

I'm probably not the best to tell, since I'm used to everything being over 100 degrees all the time, but I haven't noticed the new seat being warm.

Speedy2

The seat looks really nice.

Just got mine. Not sure I'm crazy about the fit of the passenger seat. There is a decent size gap between the seat and the tail plastic, but its pretty uniform all the way around. Pilot seat fits perfect and very comfortable when comparing to the stock seat. I don't ride 2up so I can't report on that, However it feels much more padded than the stock passenger seat.

View attachment 2066

View attachment 2067

View attachment 2068

View attachment 2069

charris247

Finally got around to ordering this seat today. Discount code still works!

Speedy, where are you from? I too live in Northern NJ

Last edited:

ZeeKdaGreeK

Woops, I forgot about this thread!

I only have this picture, but I can get more towards the weekend. Overall, the seat is more comfortable for normal riding. I would say it's a moderate firmness, but is shaped to that there is more surface area, which makes it feel wider.

It seems to be a tad bit lower however, which sucks because I happen to be tall. My butt and back tend to be less fatigued after longer rides though. Overall, I'd say it's worth it, but not quite as dramatic of an upgrade as I was hoping for.

No opinions on the passenger seat yet.

I love what you've done with the bike!!! Now my questions, did you ceramic coat the headers? And are the headers stock? I'm dying to get new headers and have them ceramic coated but don't know what headers to pear with my Yoshi slip on... Went to Honda to ask how much for the ceramic coat and I was quoted $550... Not sure how good a price that is

ZeeKdaGreeK

I don't notice the seat being warmer and also live in 'he**'. My Shad seat is now almost a year old. The shape, condition and performance of the seat are as day 1 and I'm staring down at 7k miles on it.

A few pics of my seat setup.

Here's the link to my review :
http://www.779cc.org/forum/fz8-mods/1125-anyone-purchased-shad-seats-vid-inside.html#post23849

Did the handle bars come with the seat or is that a different product?? I think they compliment the bike very nicely.

lance2448

I love what you've done with the bike!!! Now my questions, did you ceramic coat the headers? And are the headers stock? I'm dying to get new headers and have them ceramic coated but don't know what headers to pear with my Yoshi slip on... Went to Honda to ask how much for the ceramic coat and I was quoted $550... Not sure how good a price that is

Thanks! I'd still like to do something with the rear shock, but otherwise it's turned into a very nice ride.

Those are the stock headers. I went back and forth on having them professionally done or not. I ultimately decided that it was worth the $12 to just give it a try myself. Seems to have turned out well, and lasted through an AZ summer and 70 miles a day of commuting without issue.

With that said, I did get quoted about $300 from a local shop, though that was with me removing the headers, perhaps your quote included them removing/installing them? If you have the cash, I think it may be worth it to have it done once and be done. I suspect I'll need to touch up mine every year or two.

tiki

as far as ceramic coating I got a quote from jet-hot.com a few months ago and they wanted 170. I have no idea how much it will cost to ship the headers out there but im guessing its not $330. I'm waiting for the riding season here in NY to be over then I'm going to send them into get coated. I'll make sure to post a few pictures when I get them back!

mckshred

Did the handle bars come with the seat or is that a different product?? I think they compliment the bike very nicely.

Thanks, I wish my wife would've used them more.....now we have an FJR to ride 2 up on. The passenger grab rails (unfortunately) are a Yamaha aftermarket accessory. Around $109, if I recall correctly. Thanks for the comment! :)

[]V[]addog

Thanks, I wish my wife would've used them more.....now we have an FJR to ride 2 up on. The passenger grab rails (unfortunately) are a Yamaha aftermarket accessory. Around $109, if I recall correctly. Thanks for the comment! :)

they come standard on the fazer 8 in canada :)

lance2448

If anyone happens to still be concerned, I did get a chance to have the passenger version of this seat tested today.

It appears that the material and position are slightly more comfortable for your passenger. For me, however, it was much better. Even with her weight during breaking, I found...my sensitive bits....being crushed less. :cool:

DanS

Commuter
Got it!
Only had time for a short ride today but so far its a huge improvement from the stock seat :)