Shad Seat Discount Code

FZ8fanatic

My bike was stolen few months ago, just got a new unit in replacement. Starting off with a comfort seat, so far the first accessory I really want to purchase for my new bike; looking at all the posts it looks like I made the right decision, I am going with the SHAD seat!
I called the distributor this morning, they referred me to some Yamaha dealers but after calling around looks like not many dealers actually stock the seat.
I’m just going to order it online using a 10% discount coupon for the FZ8 seat. Just called to order and they sold their last 6 units last week, delivery time 10-12 days.

www.shadonline.com

Discount code: FZ810OFF

Will post pics as soon as I have mine installed!!!

bfisch

Guess I was one of the 6, because mine will be here in a couple days. I didn't know anything about the discount code, but I still got 10% off because I got worked up and foaming at the mouth with customer service over the phone. Got pissed and cancelled the order and within a couple hours I received an apology email from someone else + a 10% discount. Wish I would have known about the code, because maybe I could have gotten another 10 points off. Oh well, I hope it's all worth it when I get the seats.

ktmrider

How much more comfort is the Shad seat? I have a big pain in the a$$ after 90 miles or so that I would like to get rid of.

FastZ8

I toom my 2012 to bike week...About a 400 mile trip down and after about the first 100 my ass started to hurt...haha so i would def like to look at some better seating for mine..anyone know any good alternatives..?

DanS

Commuter
My bike was stolen few months ago, just got a new unit in replacement. Starting off with a comfort seat, so far the first accessory I really want to purchase for my new bike; looking at all the posts it looks like I made the right decision, I am going with the SHAD seat!
I called the distributor this morning, they referred me to some Yamaha dealers but after calling around looks like not many dealers actually stock the seat.
I’m just going to order it online using a 10% discount coupon for the FZ8 seat. Just called to order and they sold their last 6 units last week, delivery time 10-12 days.

www.shadonline.com

Discount code: FZ810OFF

Will post pics as soon as I have mine installed!!!
That is a really good looking seat. If you can, please give us a 100 mile ride review after you get it. My a$$ is still sore from a 100mi round trip to Galveston last week.

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
That is a really good looking seat. If you can, please give us a 100 mile ride review after you get it. My a$$ is still sore from a 100mi round trip to Galveston last week.

I will be putting some miles on my FZ8 the weekend after next. I will be sure and take pictures and post a review in a couple of weeks. I just ordered mine today.

greenturbo

Just got mine. Not sure I'm crazy about the fit of the passenger seat. There is a decent size gap between the seat and the tail plastic, but its pretty uniform all the way around. Pilot seat fits perfect and very comfortable when comparing to the stock seat. I don't ride 2up so I can't report on that, However it feels much more padded than the stock passenger seat.

hows the hip angle?
i always found with the stock seat when you sit where your "designed to sit" the front is too low and your hips roll and you hard wear gets squished....
i ordered this seat hoping it fixes that problem

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
Just got mine. Not sure I'm crazy about the fit of the passenger seat. There is a decent size gap between the seat and the tail plastic, but its pretty uniform all the way around. Pilot seat fits perfect and very comfortable when comparing to the stock seat. I don't ride 2up so I can't report on that, However it feels much more padded than the stock passenger seat.

Mine should be in by next Thursday and I will be hopefully riding on it next weekend. Have you ridden yours yet?

bfisch

hows the hip angle?
i always found with the stock seat when you sit where your "designed to sit" the front is too low and your hips roll and you hard wear gets squished....
i ordered this seat hoping it fixes that problem

I just rode it a about 50 miles and it feels fine. No hardware squish going on there. But, then again I didn't have that with the stock seat, either. I do feel it in my hips when I get off the bike, but my ass feels much better. Im chalking the hip soreness up to just being an old ****.

lance2448

If anyone is still wondering, it appears that this code still works. I was able to use it earlier today, was about $370 after shipping.

Hopefully my 70 miles of commuting will be a little better now :D

F3NIX

Is the shad seat the aftermarket choice? I am looking to upgrade from stock...any input would be appreciated :)

sent from my FZ8 whike driving 100mph...using tapatalk2

kpedro

I hope that discount code lasts a little longer. I really miss my shad seat that I had on my old bike(FZ6). If the FZ8 seat is as comfortable as the one on the FZ6 it could be the best mod on the bike.

lance2448

Is the shad seat the aftermarket choice?

It seemed like the best option to me. Most of the other seats seemed like they didn't fit the look of the bike, had mounting issues, or just didn't look all that comfortable for the price.

On the SV650 I had before I went through all the trouble of cutting foam, gel, and fabric to make my own seat. It was comfy, but hard to make it fit they bike's style. I'd rather get something made by professionals for this bike ;)

[]V[]addog

anyone else have updates of rides and pics?

I can't wait to get this, probably over the winter.
black with gold stitching for my black bike! the gold should help tie in the front forks too!

BigOleChalupa

Firmness?

Can you guys comment on the firmness?? From what I can gather, the main benefit of the corbin, is it's firmness.....which prevents hot spots....
Is it soft..hard...medium? lol
Cheers
BIGO