Ringing noise when riding

Tango59

My hearing is shot so I didn't hear it. I'd go with what the last couple of replies said about something being loose.

Rotaryknight

thats definetly the sound of something loose and is rattling. Seeing as how its coming from under the gas tank, it can be anything from a loose valve cover bolt to a loose bracket holding some wires down.

EtienneFZ8

Did you check the header flanges? My buddy had a some header bolts come loose and the flange slid down the pipe and made a similar noise. I would check for loose bolts before taking it to the stealership.

noodle

So I took the bike to my local dealer and he took it for a ride. He was able to hear/reproduce the noise. Said its nothing to worry about. Said its just some gear noise.

Stangrrr

Weekend Rider
Doesn't sound like gear noise to me... as others have mentioned it does sound like a loose bolt/washer of some sort...

As long as you have it documented with the dealer that should mean you're covered for warranty if something does happen down the road...

iheart2drift

So today while I was riding I hit that sweet spot, 3000 RPM, where the ringing is prevalent, and suddenly I hear a clunk and this comes flying out the back of my motorcycle! I took the bike to the shop where I got my major service done and they don't believe this is a part of my bike. Their reasoning is it's steel and the rest of the bike is aluminium. Also, this piece of metal is rusting and it appears to be quite old when the ringing noise I'm hearing only started several weeks ago; unless I only noticed it recently... Any thoughts anyone?

I don't hear ringing anymore and the bike runs like a champion!

Last edited:

JSP

Administrator
So today while I was riding I hit that sweet spot, 3000 RPM, where the ringing is prevalent, and suddenly I hear a clunk and this comes flying out the back of my motorcycle! I took the bike to the shop where I got my major service done and they don't believe this is a part of my bike. Their reasoning is it's steel and the rest of the bike is aluminium. Also, this piece of metal is rusting and it appears to be quite old when the ringing noise I'm hearing only started several weeks ago; unless I only noticed it recently... Any thoughts anyone?

Definitely looks like a mounting tab of some sort... Do a REAL GOOD look all around the bike for anything that looks broken.

MikeC

Weekend Rider
Definitely looks like a mounting tab of some sort... Do a REAL GOOD look all around the bike for anything that looks broken.

I concur, my initial response was thinking it was a part of the shipping crate the bike came in? And maybe it snapped off or fell into the bike from the factory?

skip89

my bike has the same noise and it looks like the same part check your engine guard where they bolt together by the header my engine guard broke the tab off and it sounds the same and the part looks the same hope this helps

noodle

where exactly did it come out of the bike at? Howd you find it?

greenturbo

Greetings all,

First, I just got my FZ8 a few weeks ago and love it. Ive got about 900 miles on it and it rocks!

Recently, I have noticed a ringing noise while riding. The noise occurs when in gear and on the throttle. The noise starts at about 4k rpms and is very faint. by the time you hit about 5.5 - 6k rpms, the noise is very distinct.

If i let off the throttle, the noise goes away. Barely touching the throttle brings it back. It does not have the same noise when the clutch is in or the bike is in neutral at the same RPMs.

Any thoughts? Should I be worried about this?

did you ever solve this issue?
i have the same issue in this thread
http://www.779cc.org/forum/fz8-technical/3409-loud-chain-side-only-under-power.html

samuelpsy

Hi guys sorry for bring this post up again.

I really need help. Im experiencing the same problem what is stated on this topic. Im riding a spark T135. Ringing sounds are really killing me. Anyone have the solution to this? I cant seem to find a solution anywhere on google..
In desperate need..

Please do help me guys. Many thanks!

noodle

I had forgotten all about this thread. The ringing went away with a new exhaust. Are you still using the stock exhaust?