Ride to work day

DLSGAP

I rode today. Did you?

FZER

Avid Rider
I rode this morning. Absolutely perfect! In fact I was a little chilly. mid to low 60's. That's ok It'll be nearly 95 this afternoon. I've got to go get a haircut and run an arrane or two. I don't mind the heat too much unless I'm stuck in traffic or hitting every redlight in town.

Ott

35 to 40 M.P.H. wind gusts predicted today. Makes the 25 mile commute less than pleasurable. Plan to ride tomorrow though, maybe break out the XT600?

Last edited:

DLSGAP

I rode this morning. Absolutely perfect! In fact I was a little chilly. mid to low 60's. That's ok It'll be nearly 95 this afternoon. I've got to go get a haircut and run an arrane or two. I don't mind the heat too much unless I'm stuck in traffic or hitting every redlight in town.

same here. It was a little chilly to be rolling 80mph this morning. and the afternoon traffic here is just terrible. Even getting out of work at 3:30 i end up stuck in it for atleast 10 miles of highway

hypo

I rode. she died one parking lot short of my building... battery is sitting on the charger at my desk, pretty sure my wiring for the rectifier is goosed right now. :/ but I rode in on her and I'm ridin home on her. :)

C

Camo

I rode as I do everyday, haven't been home yet but finished work 2 and a bit hours ago. Have been riding my local twists and am at "Pie in the sky" having a coffee and a stretch as I type this :)

stross13

CANT WAIT

i will be riding again in 5 days ahhhhhhhhhhhhh i cant wait been at work for 2 months and it has been killing me everyday:)

V

Vapordan

Never will I commute to work on her. Never. She aint even going to the train station! She'll commute in the garage. And the occasional blast on the twisties. Luving it. Different strokes for different folks I guess. btw, there's some serious heat coming from the seat? Quite noticeable. Is this normal? Wouldn't want to be caught in traffic in that.

Lee_533

Never will I commute to work on her. Never. She aint even going to the train station! She'll commute in the garage. And the occasional blast on the twisties. Luving it. Different strokes for different folks I guess. btw, there's some serious heat coming from the seat? Quite noticeable. Is this normal? Wouldn't want to be caught in traffic in that.

What's the temp on the bike when you feel the heat?

V

Vapordan

Engine temp, not ambient air temp.

Edit: that might be what you're saying actually. Damn celsius.

Engine temp was 82 ish, ambient was 85 ish - spirited riding. It was just noticeable. I don't really recall noticing it before.