Reflash and pcv

Woody146

Banned
On the motorcycle dyno(I guess this really matters..reflash was done by someone with a car dyno..there is a huuuuge difference in the numbers I was given to which they actually are)

Quoted at 109hp with 62 ft lb torque

Actual numbers are 95. Something not sure on torque

9 Lives

Did you have a custom map made on the Dyno? That's the smoothest dyno sheet I have seen so far. So I guess the way to go is flash then fine tune with PCV.

Woody146

Banned
Did you have a custom map made on the Dyno? That's the smoothest dyno sheet I have seen so far. So I guess the way to go is flash then fine tune with PCV.

Yes custom made...still needs to be tweaked though..butt dyno says it's off lol

Woody146

Banned
Ok..got re dynoed today..reflash numbers were off..but not by much..unplugged pcv and optimizer and threw her on the dyno (for my own sanity I HAD to know the true reflash numbers)

They were 97.40 hp and 54.89 torque

Woody146

Banned
The pcv was making what I said earlier..I DID unplug o2 optimizer(stupid place made me buy it, tuner said he had NEVER installed one with a pcv before..

Pcv + reflash : 100.22 hp and 56.59 torque

Woody146

Banned
These are fresh sheets dynoed today..so..clearly I left the pcv installed because it IS making more power..she wanted to power wheelie as I was leaving the shop (she would have to if the shock wasn't garbage!!) which IS new..so..the torque and the power are there..looks like this is where she maxes with bolt on mods only

Woody146

Banned
Graves full exhaust, k&n air filter and air box mod (3 1 inch holes cut, not cut out the whole bottom of air box) and graves block off plates (not really a power mod) and the turbojoetuned reflash and then the power commander

dtbrown

Graves full exhaust, k&n air filter and air box mod (3 1 inch holes cut, not cut out the whole bottom of air box) and graves block off plates (not really a power mod) and the turbojoetuned reflash and then the power commander

We'll looks like I better do the PCV mod too since it actually gains power with turbojoe's flash. BTW The PCV mod is just blocking the AIS hose correct? Good info.

Last edited:

9 Lives

We'll looks like I better do the PCV mod too since it actually gains power with turbojoe's flash. BTW The PCV mod is just blocking the AIS hose correct? Good info.

PCV = Power Commander 5

AIS = Air Induction System

Two totally different things

Woody146

Banned

There is a pcv (power commander 5) which I installed and got more power,and torque and yada yada yada.(fuel control module)

There is PVC mod (plastic pipe) which is for the THROTTLE (doing same thing as r6 throttle tube mod, 1/6 turn)

And the AIS mod( does the same thing as smog block off plates) there is a write up on blocking..I have the graves smog block off plates and literally removed the smog system

dtbrown

There is a pcv (power commander 5) which I installed and got more power,and torque and yada yada yada.(fuel control module)

There is PVC mod (plastic pipe) which is for the THROTTLE (doing same thing as r6 throttle tube mod, 1/6 turn)

And the AIS mod( does the same thing as smog block off plates) there is a write up on blocking..I have the graves smog block off plates and literally removed the smog system

Cool thanks for the clarity. I haven't read about the power commander for a long time so I forgot that it was also called PCV mod. So probably won't be doing that anytime soon. Still a good write up. I'm going to maybe get mine dyno'd with a local motorcycle dyno jet to get an idea what turbojoe tune flash with my mods sits. I would like to share what the flash has done because I'm happy with the mod.