Rear Suspension Setting

wa2txcory

Hey everyone I am curious what setting everyone is using on the rear suspension. I have mine two click from full and I weigh about 180 lbs. Have to say that the suspension is really the only thing I have to complain about this bike and its only been an issue once-Wednesday on a hilly/up/down/twisty road and in some hard downhill corners it just didnt feel quit right. Although thats partly the stock tires also. Bout to switch. But just curious what everyone is doing with their rear suspension/weight/and riding style.

H

Hoover

I am 185 and run at 3 clicks up. Any more and it gets real skittish. The rear shock on this bike is not much good. The damper is the culprit. All the spring compression in the world won't help if the there is little to no feel or adjustment in the damper.
Hopefully, they sell enough of these bikes that the aftermarket guys feel it's worth their while to invest in some R & D.

C

Camo

I weigh around 250lbs and haven't been able to find a setting I'm happy with.
I started by setting it to the highest, I think it's ten? It through the front end feeling out so I kept clicking down and riding till I settled on two clicks from the middle.
Still feels shit house.
Got a cheap FZ1 shock on the way that I bought from a guy on the FZ1 site...I'll have it re-sprung and serviced before bolting it in but it will do until I can afford a solid after-market unit.
I've also opted for an '07 R1 fork conversion to fix the rubbish that comes stock on our bikes. Should allow for some dialling in/adjustment.
Just waiting on a few bits and pieces and It'll be done :)

JRider

@185 lbs geared up with preload 3 down from firmest. Adjustment only changes steering feel for me, still bottoms and pogos when getting into it. Compromise part for sure but I've easily overlooked it for 10,000 miles.:)

Sschwar4

Priced out a new FZ1 shock the other day, not quite ($300 cheaper) as much as the Ohlin rebound only.

If don't find a used one in next week or so locally will order.

I think it would have been cheaper to conver the R1 to an FZ8, than do all the mods for suspension and such. Truely love the bike, just wished they added an adjustable suspension and kept the R1 display.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

george8

suspension

I went with Ohlins cartridge kit up front and Ohlins Lite out back. It's a little stiff for narly pavement but is awesome for average to smooth. When I say alittle stiff thats probably more my 55 yo butt at issue but the handling is sweet

BunGhoLeo

I'm 215 nakid, have the rear pre load to maximum, and it sucks for sport riding. It's a sportbike with touring suspension. For me I need a heavier spring, and a TON more rebound.

I absoulutly love the bike though, and I'm still debating wether to replace the shock. The forks just need more rebound.