Power Commander V

FZh8in

Did you have to have the bike dyno'd to set the PC5?

I have a gear head friend that hooked up a wideband air/fuel sensor up to my bike so I could see what the a/f ratio was real time while riding. I ripped around on it then came back and dialed stuff in on the lap top. After a few runs like that I now have my own custom map :cool:

FZh8in

Gimme some more details about the night and day difference.

No more huge cliff diving loss of power between 3-6k. Throttle is a bit laggy when stock, now it is very crisp and responsive. All in all the bike is SO much smoother and actually runs like it should now. You wouldn't believe how lean the bike was from the factory! I had to add so much fuel to my map. PC5 totally worth it if you can get it tuned properly :D

SpunkyTheTuna

Added the PCV and later the Autotune. Never had it dynoed, so my comments are based on my butt dyno, widely known for it's subjective inaccuracy. Bike does seem to be better in that valley-o-slump than it was and feels smoother and possibly more powerful. Night and day difference? Not to me, not really. Worth doing? For me it is cuz I follow the dictum "If it ain't broke, fix it til it is".

kbrink

There is nothing in the maps about timing, only fuel.

I email Dynojet, and a rep got back to me saying that "part #6-85 will give you full timing adjustabilty on an fz8". I looked into it, and that is an add on (to the PC5) ignition module, that runs another $300 usd.

Has anyone shelled out the extra $ for the ignition mod? If so, is it worth the added cost?