Pic Request - Gauge Cluster at Night

AlCab

Does anyone have a pic or video of their gauge cluster at night? Specifically, I need to see the white faced analog gauge lit up at night to confirm the color of the backlighting. I am not near mine or I would see for myself.

Thanks in advance.

AlCab

I agree, its hard to read the LCD display at night. You can have it changed for $60 at MOTYdesign.com.

jumb5150

I agree, its hard to read the LCD display at night. You can have it changed for $60 at MOTYdesign.com.

I was checking them out but also wondering if anyone had their gauge cluster done by these guys. Also to my understanding, all I need to do is take off my headlight to unbolt the gauge cluster.

AlCab

Also to my understanding, all I need to do is take off my headlight to unbolt the gauge cluster.

Actually, you don't need to remove the headlight. I just removed the small windscreen, then unclipped the wire connector at the back of the gauge cluster (note that there is a tab you have to squeaze on the bottom of the connector to remove it). I was able to then remove the three screws holding the gauge cluster to the gauge cluster bracket but it's a little tight in there and you can't get the screwdiriver straight on the screws. It would be better to remove the two screws holding the gaugle cluster bracket then remove the cluster and bracket together. Then remove the cluster from the cluster bracket once you have both off the bike. It will make sense once you get in there :)

Last edited:

jumb5150

Actually, you don't need to remove the headlight. I just removed the small windscreen, then unclipped the wire connector at the back of the gauge cluster (note that is a tab you have to squeaze on the bottom of the connector to remove it). I was able to then remove the three screws holding the gauge cluster to the gauge cluster bracket but it's a little tight in there and you can't get the screwdiriver straight on the screws. It would be better to remove the two screws holding the gaugle cluster bracket then remove the cluster and bracket together. Then remove the cluster from the cluster bracket once you have both off the bike. It will make sense once you get in there :)

Thanks for the great info!!!