Philosophy on Wearing Gear

highoctane

Canyon Carver
I wear a helmet without fail, almost always wear gloves, jacket, jeans,boots but I seem to occasional
Wear shorts w/o jacket when it's hot.....lazy

C

Camo

I like to ride it like I stole it, often. I don't feel comfortable doing that in anything less than helmet, boots, gloves and textiles.
I'm not one of these atgat preachers, I just learnt my lesson the hard way and I'm happy for others to go that route if they so choose.
I will however, pull over when I see a bleeding fucked up motorcyclist on the side of the road with his boardies and singlet on and take the piss out of him providing he's not dying lol.

sinclap2

Lazy
I am with Camo. I learnt my lesson very early on (well not really, when you're a smart-arse kid/teenager sometimes it takes a while sink in properly).
These days, even if it is stinking hot I still wear the jacket, gloves, helmet, jeans (longer rides Draggin's with knee protectors) and boots (RM's when I am going to work and Aplinestar SMX's on longer rides). I would prefer to be a bit hot with the added protection, than not at all!

waypoint

mod squad
I always wear my safety bandana, my safety Oakleys, my safety t-shirt and shorts and of course, my below ankle but padded strap, flip-flops.

I dont bother with gloves because I find it hard to hold my spliff with them.

so it looks like most wear most gear. some wear all gear and then there's Hoover :spank:

been wanting to find a post for that emoticon ;)

Last edited:
C

calscrazy

married to a former trauma nurse, son of a trauma nurse, been in a pretty bad street accident and i beg you all to wear your gear. if not for mine i wouldn't be here!

got hit by a J/A in a dodge pickup who ran a red light doing 60. launched my arse way up in the air. landed on my head like a pogo stick. knocked me out completely and then i slid for a while. favorite scorpion helmet all screwed up, jacket gloves and draggin' jeans were ripped but here i am.

it's not you that you cant control it's the idiots around you.

tzortn

Pillion
I see. Maybe a better question for you is, how and where do change/ store your gear? What if you're going to a movie?

I guess if it's a formal dinner, I'm better off just driving.

I typically just carry my gear with me. It can be cumbersome but I am a little paranoid about leaving it on the bike although I will do it if i feel comfortable enough with the area.

This mindset does limit my riding. I do not ride to work because I can't show up all sweaty and disheveled. For me my motorcycle is a source of enjoyment not a mode of transportation.

Mansack

Riding around like normal? Leather jacket, jeans, sidi boots, gloves, helmet. If I'm going on the highway, I wear my textile riding pants instead plus everything else.

I've been trying to get my dad to wear his leather jacket or even his textile jacket plus a helmet, but he won't do it. Stubborn Harley riders...

MikeC

Weekend Rider
This mindset does limit my riding. I do not ride to work because I can't show up all sweaty and disheveled. For me my motorcycle is a source of enjoyment not a mode of transportation.

Good point. I can't really show up all crazy at my work either, so forgoing the ride in the morning may actually have to be an option that I hadn't thought about.