PCV map round up.

F

Fazed

Hi there,

I am currently in the process of establishing a place where forum members can download PCV maps. I aim for everything to be in the one spot and members can download in their own time instead of waiting for responses from others on this forum.

If you have a map please PM me with the details and your e-mail address. Details I would like is type of fuel used and a mods list of your bike when the map was created. This way ppl can find a map that suits them the most.

If you don't want to share your map as you spent XX amount of dollars creating it, then that is fine, you own the map and I respect your decision.

I currently have the Jumbo and Mano's map and the ones from Dynojet. I do need more info on the Jumbo and Mano's map, so if anyone knows the mod list of the bikes it was created on that would be great.

Thanks.

ramrod

Great idea, Fazed. I'll be taking my bike to the tuners here in a month or so, so expect my file then.

D

DJK1505

Hell yeah, I need to remember what I was doing when I saved the maps but I will try and get you some that I made. I also have a few for an R6 I will send incase anyone has one they wanna play with. Great idea man!!!!

DJ

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 438

Great idea, Fazed. I'll be taking my bike to the tuners here in a month or so, so expect my file then.

You'll have to send me that one. I'm curious to see how the numbers vary compared to mine. Do you feel like the fueling is off with your current tune?

ramrod

A little... I wish it had a little more grunt. I tried messing w/ the file meant for the Akra, but couldn't fix the issue of Lower RPM hesitation. I'm running the map that you sent me.

I just recently bought a couple more things for the bike so once I scrap some cash together and remove the flies, I'll be heading over to the tuners.

D

Deleted member 438

A little... I wish it had a little more grunt. I tried messing w/ the file meant for the Akra, but couldn't fix the issue of Lower RPM hesitation. I'm running the map that you sent me.

I just recently bought a couple more things for the bike so once I scrap some cash together and remove the flies, I'll be heading over to the tuners.

Hopefully we can a decent power gain with the flies removed.

F

Fazed

The map downloads will only be available to paid subscription members. The reasons behind this decision are:

There is no other way to prevent non members from downloading the maps.

The owners of the maps have spent valuable time and money in developing these maps and this way prevents one post wonders gaining a $350 upwards map without making a reasonable contribution to the forum.

Let's be honest, $15 is a cheap way to gain access to more maps then you'll ever need.

ktmrider

I have to say all of you guys here aremost certainly starting to cost me money. I still only have 150 miles on the new ride just because (I'm waiting for it to quit snowing) and now I have mirrors, filter, tail tidy, rad guard coming. As of today I just talked with the gents over to Two Brothers about a slip on and Juice Box, I almost pulled the trigger today getting both. I will give it a bit at least until I install the other items before I place the next order. They said that the "Box" will ship with 2 maps where would the best place to get more maps that may be better suited to the new mods? Even though the speed limit is 55 to 65 around here it will be fun getting there.

ktmrider

With these maps is there a decrease in fuel mileage with the added HP and torque? Or with the better mixture of air and fuel does fuel economy increase?

decooney

If you guys are still serious about this whole Map Sharing repository, I'm interested in participating and contributing once I get my PCV for my bike in a few weeks.

Gonna keep this going?

Primarily, I'm looking to leverage maps that have been created by those who set them up on an actual dyno run vs. benchside guessing. The first Dynojet map I plan to use for my PCV is the vanilla map provided for the Two Brothers slip on directly from Dynojet as a first baseline to start from. The only difference is I'll be running a Vance and Hines CS One. The DJ folks said I might have to lean it up a tad from there since the V&H setup might be a little more freeflow, but I have no test data to back that up.

Marthy

I do have a base map that I did for my midship exhaust. Might not work as good with the stock exhaust. I used Autotune and LCD-200 data logger. Better than any dyno tune than you will ever find.

HAHA NO!!!

Im willing to try our diff maps. My set up is simple. Only a two bros set up.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

decooney

I do have a base map that I did for my midship exhaust. Might not work as good with the stock exhaust. I used Autotune and LCD-200 data logger. Better than any dyno tune than you will ever find.

Marthy,
Cool, I was wondering if anyone here was doing this with the Autotune setup yet on their FZ8s. This is great news. Are you able to compare the base Dynojet map for the Two Brothers slip-on to your Autotune map for your midship exhaust setup? If so, what are the notable differences you see between the two maps.

Marthy

@HAHA: I have no problem with sharing my map. My map is TPS & Pressure base. You will need to hook up the MAP sensor to the PCV. Make the map much smoother down low and on/off throttle.

DEC: I haven't tried to compare them. The mid ship exhaust is quite different in design. The stock exhaust design kill the mid range and always end up with the little flat spot... not something noticeable with the mid ship set up. Travis here got my set up and should be heading to the dyno anytime soon. Can't wait to see some numbers. Accordingly to him and his butt dyno... that should be good for triple digit HP. That's to be confirm.

master paper clip

How is that done again Marthy, I think we have a write up on it at the other house but not sure... I wanna hook up my speed sensor and whatever else I can when I get my exhaust so I can take full advantage of this pcv

Marthy

How is that done again Marthy, I think we have a write up on it at the other house but not sure... I wanna hook up my speed sensor and whatever else I can when I get my exhaust so I can take full advantage of this pcv

If I remember well. The MAP sensor (atmospheric pressure sensor) is located on the LH side of the fuel rail. The pink wire (double check... should have around 3.6Volts with ign on with the engine not running)

Tap that to the PCV extra channel. Then you need to calibrate the PCV pressure parameter.

0V=0PSI
3.6V=100PSI

Then the speed sensor need to be done too. But tat should be with the PCV instruction also. The map is Advgear also.