PC V with autotune or new rearshock?

Black-n-naked

I'm looking for my next project and I'm kinda split between a powercommander V with autotune or a new rear shock (Ohlins/Wilbers/Hyperpro).

They cost about the same here so I'm wondering which one would you guys go for?

D

DJK1505

PCV and Auto tune. You dont need the auto tune really, unless you plan on building the engine, or running hard up and down mountains. I would get the PCV (wait to get the auto tune later), watch ebay for an R1 rear shock, get SATAN666's adapter, and replace the rear shock. I believe you can get 04-08, dont remember, read through a few suspension threads and you will get all the info you need. Would be a lot cheaper up front, and you would get benefits from both mods.

DJ

Black-n-naked

Thanks for the advice!
I went for the autotune cause PCV + autotune is just as expensive as PCV + Dynorun. :p
And my bike now has Akra slip on, airboxmod and K&N filter... no standard maps cover that so I figured mounting just a PCV will not work.

C

Camo

I'd have gone for suspension... You can go faster when your bike feels like its on rails.

D

DJK1505

The guys on here are great, a few have the auto tune and about the same exact mods you have, you could of gotten a map from one of them. No worries, glad you pulled the trigger on the PCV. I have the auto tune but have not installed it yet. I am hoping to have it done this weekend. Anyways congrats!

DJ

beefcake morris

The guys on here are great, a few have the auto tune and about the same exact mods you have, you could of gotten a map from one of them. No worries, glad you pulled the trigger on the PCV. I have the auto tune but have not installed it yet. I am hoping to have it done this weekend. Anyways congrats!

DJ

Once you run the auto tuner a good many times, do you just unhook it and run the map you have made?

If so, does anybody want to rent it out to me. I would provide a security deposit.

lyric911

Once you run the auto tuner a good many times, do you just unhook it and run the map you have made?

If so, does anybody want to rent it out to me. I would provide a security deposit.

Your header has to have a new O2 sensor bung welded in for it to be of any use.

D

DJK1505

No, the auto tune stays in at all times. You have to remove the O2 sensor, and re-weld in their bung plug. It is not the same thread size as your stock O2.

FZER

Avid Rider
On my GSXR 750 I was able to find a plug for the o2 sensor. I high temp thread locked it and ran the pcv with autotune.