Knights of Columbus
OEM Headlight Retrofit Build

My OEM retrofit build has begun.

Sportbike Bixenon kit
Morimoto Ballast & Bulbs 4300K
LED Shroud
H4 Sportbike Harness
2.5" Mini D2 Projector

This is just a start. Semi gloss black on the projector cover, dulled metallic gold inside of the projector cover behind the shroud and projector (accent color). Finally the projector is gloss black to match the paint of the bike.

I am debating between an LED ring and and individual LEDs in a circle around the shroud. (As seen below)

Like this:

For the upper light area, where a light is "supposed" to be, I am going with an LED courtesy light,

To operate the LEDs, I decided to go with a toggle switch mounted next to the headlight switch assembly on the handlebar.

More pics to come and I will update as I go.

Last edited:

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
I decided to go with a clean look without angel eyes or LED halo. The LED courtesy up top looks clean as well. Here are some preview pics of the completed retrofit. It will be installed this weekend. More pics to come.

Last edited:

mikefz8

Thanks, but I can't take credit for the work. A buddy of mine does Retrofits for cars. This was his first motorcycle retrofit. He has been doing it for about 5 years.

Well tell your buddy to hurry up we all want to see the finished project :)

H

Hoover

I know you have put a bunch of quality work into that, but not my thing at all. I think the globe in the middle is ugly and makes the unit look too narrow.
I'm sure the brightness is great if you do a lot of night riding.
Horses for courses I guess.

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
Install Pics

Aux Switch (for HID and LED)

Low Beam

I haven't leveled the projection yet. I just mainly wanted to get everything wired up and installed today. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
I was quite happy with how well the gold looks with the forks. I was worried it might clash, but it is a pretty close match.

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
Do you have a sport horn mounted behind your factory one?

Nope, I took the factory one off and used a L bracket from Home Depot to mount the stebel nautilus one. It is LOUD. The stock horn sounds like the Roadrunner is coming. :)

H

Hoover

I put the new horn's relay in the spot of the previous horn.

Nice, just a suggestion, but you may want to try and turn it around so the opening is not exposed to all the rain/road crap. Rain will f it up in a hurry.
I fitted a Hella Sports horn and mounted it facing backwards on the stud that the front brake splitter used to be on.