New to the FZ8!

07cobaltLScoupe

congrats dude! i just bought one myself a couple weeks ago but i went to jersey to get mine and i already put an Evotech Performance Fender Eliminator/Tail Tidy on it, what dealer did you get yours at? BTW i've seen your username before, you're on TST right? i always use the same name on every forum i'm on haha

VDCOFF

congrats dude! i just bought one myself a couple weeks ago but i went to jersey to get mine and i already put an Evotech Performance Fender Eliminator/Tail Tidy on it, what dealer did you get yours at? BTW i've seen your username before, you're on TST right? i always use the same name on every forum i'm on haha

haha yea im on tst, I bought mine from tri city powersports

07cobaltLScoupe

haha yea im on tst, I bought mine from tri city powersports

haha yea your name and username sounds familiar so i think i may have met you at a couple meets already, you can see what i have from my username lol. but i first looked at 1 at Scott Powersports and they sold it 10 min before i could get my hands on it so that was kinda a bummer, so i went to jersey and put a downer on this one as soon as i could. from what i know the guys at tri-city are pretty good guys, my buddy has gotten parts there and i've been in there a couple times and that's probably were i'll go for my first service if i don't do it myself, i may actually head up there this week to pick up some little things

VDCOFF

haha yea your name and username sounds familiar so i think i may have met you at a couple meets already, you can see what i have from my username lol. but i first looked at 1 at Scott Powersports and they sold it 10 min before i could get my hands on it so that was kinda a bummer, so i went to jersey and put a downer on this one as soon as i could. from what i know the guys at tri-city are pretty good guys, my buddy has gotten parts there and i've been in there a couple times and that's probably were i'll go for my first service if i don't do it myself, i may actually head up there this week to pick up some little things

Nice, yea dude I walked into tri city and knew what I wanted, and I knew they had a 2012 leftover, and I wanted a 2012 because of the gold anodized fork I think that looks classier than the black.

So I put 200 dollars down, and I finalized the purchase yesterday with them...The price tag was 8390, and while I was sitting there yesterday getting ready to finalize it I was like, can you make it 8300 even? and they actually did better and took an additional 200$ off the price, I was stoked

And my insurance is only 23$ a month for full coverage haha

07cobaltLScoupe

Nice, yea dude I walked into tri city and knew what I wanted, and I knew they had a 2012 leftover, and I wanted a 2012 because of the gold anodized fork I think that looks classier than the black.

So I put 200 dollars down, and I finalized the purchase yesterday with them...The price tag was 8390, and while I was sitting there yesterday getting ready to finalize it I was like, can you make it 8300 even? and they actually did better and took an additional 200$ off the price, I was stoked

And my insurance is only 23$ a month for full coverage haha

yea exactly, i read my reviews on the 12's and the 13's and for the little differences i was happy settling for a 12. the 1 at Scotts had a yosh slip-on, frame sliders, and a fender elim already installed but the quote they gave me on that was $8600 out the door, so right at MSRP including that $675 in parts and tax/tags/etc. i ended up paying $8000 for mine in jersey but by the time i paid for PA tax/tags/registration/plate it ended up being about $8500, not quite the same deal but still less that MSRP so i'm happy.

and i actually had to redo all my insurance, i had progressive on my old bike (which i kept) and when i wanted to add the FZ8 i got quoted $1300/year, my agent looked around and i went with the EXACT same coverage with Aegis and it's $639/year so i pay like $53/month for both my bikes

VDCOFF

yea exactly, i read my reviews on the 12's and the 13's and for the little differences i was happy settling for a 12. the 1 at Scotts had a yosh slip-on, frame sliders, and a fender elim already installed but the quote they gave me on that was $8600 out the door, so right at MSRP including that $675 in parts and tax/tags/etc. i ended up paying $8000 for mine in jersey but by the time i paid for PA tax/tags/registration/plate it ended up being about $8500, not quite the same deal but still less that MSRP so i'm happy.

and i actually had to redo all my insurance, i had progressive on my old bike (which i kept) and when i wanted to add the FZ8 i got quoted $1300/year, my agent looked around and i went with the EXACT same coverage with Aegis and it's $639/year so i pay like $53/month for both my bikes

How old are you?

07cobaltLScoupe

i'll be 24 in July. my insurance for my 1979 Honda was $225/year when it was just that, but when it comes to insurance for the FZ8 Progressive classifies it as a "sportbike" where Aegis considers it a "standard" bike, that's why the price is so different

VDCOFF

i'll be 24 in July. my insurance for my 1979 Honda was $225/year when it was just that, but when it comes to insurance for the FZ8 Progressive classifies it as a "sportbike" where Aegis considers it a "standard" bike, that's why the price is so different

yea, i have state farm, I'm not sure what they classify the FZ8 as, but I am 26 and the lady at state farm said that is why it is so cheap because I am older now.

When I had my first bike, a 2000 Kawasaki zx6r, I was paying 15$ a month for just liability and I was 22 back then I believe

07cobaltLScoupe

your bike looks nice and clean dude lol. i ran up tri-city today to pick up oil for my dad and i picked up a pro grip tank pad for me, i looked into R1 anniversary colored tank decals but at $24/each i just came home and ordered black and gold yamaha tank gel decals online for $13/both ha i'm thinking they will look a lot cleaner than the black and silver ones

Jacek3743

Lol, Geico priced me at 340/month for the FZ8, which meant I was gonna pay more for insurance than for the bike itself.

VDCOFF

So they are delivering my FZ8 to me this friday, I can't wait...and Saturday is supposed to be sunny and 50 degrees outside, i'll be riding for a bit thats for sure

B

bren

So they are delivering my FZ8 to me this friday, I can't wait...and Saturday is supposed to be sunny and 50 degrees outside, i'll be riding for a bit thats for sure

brand new?

take it easy on the waxy new tyres mate!

cambo

Avid Rider
Lol, Geico priced me at 340/month for the FZ8, which meant I was gonna pay more for insurance than for the bike itself.

Geesus! that's more than an R1 even!

by the way, regarding GEICO, their renter's insurance SHAFTED me. I had two dirtbikes stolen and they wouldn't cover the bikes because I didn't use them for "farm use i.e. herding sheep...or handicapped purposes"...whatever that even means.

So yeah, luckily I still carried a renter's insurance policy through USAA so they were quick to cut me a check. Anyway...be weary of GEICO. You get what you pay for with them.

VDCOFF

brand new?

take it easy on the waxy new tyres mate!

yea brand new, Ill def take it easy, I was told by the dealer to take it easy for the first 600 miles.

I have never bought a new bike before, all of my bikes have been used, so definitely an exciting and new experience riding a new bike for the first time.

Last night I ordered bar end mirrors and led turn signals off of ebay, they were both really cheap so we will see how they fit, I had to do something with those god awful stock mirrors

I may not install the led turn signals because I am not sure I want to cut and splice any wires, I am hoping they are just plug and play but we will see.

Also, I have been looking at fender eliminator kits, but I don't want to spend a lot of money...anyone know of any good cheap fender eliminator brackets that accept the stock turn signals?

W

WARPTH

Lol Nothings Ever Plug And play! If You Cut And Splice Wires Its Always Reversible. So Dont Let It stop You From Making Your Bike yours. Genuine Yamaha Tail Tidy looks Really Good And Fits stock Turn Signals, Also Have A Look On Ebay

07cobaltLScoupe

this is the FE i just got and i'm happy, cost me $106 shipped but this is the real Evotech FE and it's solid once mounted, no cutting/splicing of wires and the stock signals fit in nicely, all i had to do was drill 2 new holes for my license plate because the ones given weren't wide enough and i tucked the plate up a little more. i'd post a pic but i don't have any yet, so here's the website link...

Evotech Fender Eliminator 2010-2012 Yamaha FZ8 Faired