New Handlebars

fzkiwi

Just fitted some Driven handlebars, Driven Fat Boy Bar Clamps, new Titax Levers and new Grips, Oberon Mirror too with the other on back order... Shame a pulled a plug out the loom and can't get it back in without removing the airbox!!:D

hypo

looks nice! the bar ends really widen the front of the bike... not sure I'm into that, but those grips look sweet.

Speedo007

You can just paste the links of your images here using the little "moutain and sun on yellow square" icon just above where you type:

Like this:

Ivy33

Those bars look nice! Are they lower and more forward than the stock bars? How are the ergonomics compared to stock?

cant go wrong with renthals i have a set of renthal fat bars on my sled and those things are tough i roll and flip it over all the time and they dont bend i think they would look pretty badd A** on the fz

Jwood9

Does anyone know what the dimensions are for the handlebars? I'm looking into getting them with braided lines and new levers. Also what brands are available I've seen the driven and rizoma but what else, I think I've also seen Easton but I'm not sure.

rysyndrome

I just got some Rental Road Low handlebars in gold. Any tips on installing them? I have new grips and bar ends too so only need to switch over the controls, mirrors. Thanks for any help. Hope the cables are long enough.

H

Hoover

I just got some Rental Road Low handlebars in gold. Any tips on installing them? I have new grips and bar ends too so only need to switch over the controls, mirrors. Thanks for any help. Hope the cables are long enough.

You will need a Dremel and some patience.
All the stock controls have locating lugs that fit in small holes in the stock bars. Just take your time and grind down the lugs carefully. The stock brake lines are only just long enough so put that side on first. I unbolted the splitter under the headlight to give me a liitle free play.
You will need to leave the grips on for about 24 hours before you use them to allow them to dry.
Quick tip for new grips, instead of using soap, use hairspray! I promise it works well and dries much quicker.

V

Vapordan

Oh? I thought that renthal bar was a simple installation job! Sorry, I'll be paying for the install.

rysyndrome

I cant get the clutch side mount to slide on over the roughed up left grip surface of the Rental handlebar. It is so stuck...:mad:

rysyndrome

Got my Renthal's installed but had to go with longer brake lines and reroute the throttle cable to make it all fit. The wider bars put the mirrors out further so I get less view of my arms. With these bars and the gel grips I put on, riding is so relaxed now and vibration minimal. I am 6'3" and it is so much more comfortable for me. Granted, I ride in town mostly and hit back roads only occasionally so upright for me is perfect. Very happy with this upgrade, except maybe the added cost of brake lines. Though, the Goodridge Shadow lines made the front brakes much better.

Last edited: