New Handlebars

mckshred

Installing Renthal Streetfighter 7/8" Bars

Like those gold bars - they look sharp!

Got mine today. Might switch to the better brake lines at the same time. Any other caveats besides the short brake lines, grinding down the 'seating nubs' on the controls ? What kind of grips are guys running with these bars?

I have an issue when riding for 2+ hours consecutively where my throttle hand is going numb in the fingers. Yes I try to relax when I ride, but I have a lot of miles and some snowmobiling and motorcycling in my younger days may have caused 'poor circulation' (at minimum!). I am really hoping this solves the issue.

B

bren

DMV 22mm Handlebar, 91mm high x 730mm wide

I got the gold bars in the above link on my FZ8. I like the lower rise.

I then got some shortened bar ends- they only stick out 10mm from the end of the bar. that compensated for the extra width on the new bars.

The bars are certainly cheap enough and look shit hot on my bike!

ramrod

Do you have any pictures of your bike w/ those bars? I just installed my Driven Meteor CR Low's last week. I didn't like how far they stook out so I ended up cutting 3/4'' of each end.

B

bren

Do you have any pictures of your bike w/ those bars? I just installed my Driven Meteor CR Low's last week. I didn't like how far they stook out so I ended up cutting 3/4'' of each end.

Will be taking a bunch of pics tomorrow after I give her a wash. Will do a thread about it mods for ya.

Just wish I could get that damn belly pan on lol

B

bren

If any of u guys who put wider bars on are looking for shorter bar ends, there is a seller on eBay Australia called rated r parts. He has got some nice billeted alloy stuff. Not just bar ends too.