New Forum Member Potential New Fz8 rider

H

Hoover

The wider bars I put on mine made a huge difference in the wind. They let the wind flow under my arms and take a fair bit off the chest.

ssky0078

Ok, I just have to say I posted many of the same questions on the Fz1 website and like the mean older brother thier bike is to the Fz6 and Fz8, the guys there are a 50/50 split between saying getting a bigger bike is a good idea. Some guys are telling me to take 1-2 years of practice before moving up. Too me it's the time in the saddle and what I do to train, like take Advanced rider courses, not actual time on the calendar.

Do you guys think that because some riders only get in 2-4k miles in a summer that their point of reference is off for someone like me who almsot did that in 2 weeks?

H

Hoover

A rider course is always a good idea. Its not just learning how to ride that keeps you safe though. A lot of it is "street smarts". You are only going to get those after years in the saddle.
In Europe, they have very strict laws on the size of bike you can ride compared to your experience. That being said, they have completely different roads and traffic issues there too.

C

Camo

I think you should buy a bike after test riding. If it ticks most of the boxes and you feel comfortable and confident on the bike, bingo... That's the right bike.
Don't buy based on engine size.

ssky0078

Hi guys,

I got the check from the insurance today so now time to crack down to some hardcore shopping.

I went back to the scene and made a Crash Review video, check it out if you want

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ht5qVb-6vz4&feature=g-crec-u]Crash Review - YouTube[/ame]