New 8 Owner

eggserronius

Hi,

I'm Ben, and I traded my 09 R6 for an 12 FZ8 yesterday, and I love it. I've got a soft spot in my heart for the R6, but for the type of riding I mainly do(City/commuting) the FZ8 suits my needs a bit better. I just wanted to introduce myself and I'm sure I'll have a million questions for the more experienced.

Cheers :drunks:

Lee_533

Congrats on the trade. Hope you like your FZ8, I fell in love with mine. You will have to do two thing at least.1: GET RID OF THE PIPE! That thing is heavy and way too quiet. You will not believe how heavy that muffler is. 2: Fender eliminator. (IMO) that rear fender looks like it belongs on a dirtbike. haha...But whatever you decide, welcome to the forum.

ramrod

Welcome to the board, I just recently purchased my '12 as well and there is a wealth of information on the board. I didn't even get to my 600 Mile service before I started some serious modding.

GarryM

I went from an 06 R6 to a '10 FZ8 for the same reason as you. I loved the R6 to bits but supersports bikes aren't much fun on the heavily policed ultra slow speed limits around where I live. The FZ8 is a much more sensible bike.

UB67Rider

Hello,

Im Shane and I too just traded in my 09 r6 for a 2011 fz8 in late april. Just hit the 600 mile mak with it and i had more fun in one day on the 8 than i ever did on the r6

FZER

Avid Rider
X 1,000,000 on the pipe. Get rid of dat thang. A good bit of slip ons out there. Only one or two full exhaust though.

B

bren

Congrats on the trade. Hope you like your FZ8, I fell in love with mine. You will have to do two thing at least.1: GET RID OF THE PIPE! That thing is heavy and way too quiet. You will not believe how heavy that muffler is. 2: Fender eliminator. (IMO) that rear fender looks like it belongs on a dirtbike. haha...But whatever you decide, welcome to the forum.

I could not believe the weight difference between the stock pipe and my Mivv double gun! i reckon the stock pipe would weigh 3-5kg!