NAYSAYERS...

Do you know the statistics and care about every last possible comparison that can be made between yo

• Hell no.

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • YEAH. SO WHAT?

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • I know some stuff about it, but its not THAT important.

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • I only care about horsepower!!!

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters

kurtmorauer

I have had my fz8 for just under two months and could not be happier. Im 26 and this is my fourth motorcycle. I traded my 2005 r1 for this bike and love it. The r1 was only good for riding fast and was not comfortable enough for long rides. I live in FL and i got burns on my ankles from sitting in traffic in summer with the r1 too. I have gone 170 mph on the r1 and know thats as fast as ill ever need to go on two wheels. As far as other bikes go, it makes no sense to me when other HD riders ignore the wave. Pull that stick out of your ass and know that its a brotherhood. We all go through the same dangers and all love the feeling of riding a bike. spread the love

FZER

Avid Rider
I ride with the southern cruisers a good bit and I'm a member. I know a few of them might dog me behind my back for riding a FZ8, but I have never had any problems with them. Plus, I could smoke 95% of them in a quarter mile too and they respect that. Maybe 70% harley's, but lots of honda, suzuki, and yamaha cruisers. Couple goldwings and a few cam-ams. A couple folks in the group are Confederate, stars, and bars types. They'll make comments that offend me, being a white guy that pretty much grew up with black friends, but they are stupid and sort of uneducated lack of culture types really. Lots of fun though. Great rides all the time. Southern Cruisers

Coolslice

i read an article a couple of years ago that addressed the issue of waving amongst motorcyclists. The basic premise of the article was that Europeans don't do it, and neither should we. All it accomplishes is to serve as a distraction, both physically and mentally.

I'm guilty of doing it, but when you actually think about it, it is a pretty stupid thing to do. You have to take your eyes off the road and one of your hands off the bars. It really isn't worth it.

H

Hoover

i read an article a couple of years ago that addressed the issue of waving amongst motorcyclists. The basic premise of the article was that Europeans don't do it, and neither should we. All it accomplishes is to serve as a distraction, both physically and mentally.

I'm guilty of doing it, but when you actually think about it, it is a pretty stupid thing to do. You have to take your eyes off the road and one of your hands off the bars. It really isn't worth it.

When did the Europeans stop doing it? I grew up in the UK and lived all over Europe before I moved Stateside. EVERYBODY waved when I was there.

Coolslice

When did the Europeans stop doing it? I grew up in the UK and lived all over Europe before I moved Stateside. EVERYBODY waved when I was there.

No clue. Never been there. I can just barely recall the article, but from what I remember, they kind of noted how the motorcycle was more utilized in Europe as a common form of transportation, whereas here it's more of a recreational thing.

Alexlycaon

I am 26 I just recently traded in my hyosung 250, I loved that thing, even thought it was a 250. it's funny I actually had more good comments about my hyosung than I do on my fz8, I guess it was more appealing to the cafe racer type than the transformer look of the fz8, personally I don't care about hp or torque, a motorcycle chooses you, you don't choose the motorcycle, and that's exactly what my fz8 did, it was instant magic, too bad for the striple, I wish my hyosung had the fz8s engine, but the fz8 does it for me.

Lee_533

I don't understand why people care what bike who rides. I figure that if you have a passion for motorcycles then you're cool with me. I ride with a GSXR600, GSXR750, GSXR1000, FZ6, and sometimes some cruisers. We all get along because we all just like to ride. Cruisers can't really keep up on the twisties but they still have fun. I love my bike and I don't care if my buddys gsxr600 is faster and neither does he. The amazing thing is that all the guys that have the "high performance" bikes love mine. They all tell me that it's one of the best looking bikes they've seen and it keeps up with them on rides so it does the job. I have had a Harley pull up next to me, rev his engine, and give me a dirty look like he was better than me...how did I respond? I let him get a little head start, then blew past him. I try to be nice to other riders, but if they try to act like they are better than me because they paid more for their bikes, then I'll just show him that he paid for a name and I paid for a quality machine that has plenty of performance.