Motodynamic integrated tail light - LED failures

Emohawk

Hey all...been a while since I've been around here. Life's been busy lately!

I have an update regarding my Motodynamic tail light failure. I decided to use the housing to create a DIY light over the winter so I pulled it out today to start planning the project. For a lark I wired the light up to a 12V power source. Guess what. Every LED is working fine now...running light, brake light, progressive signals, the works.I don't know what could have happened to the thing. Maybe some moisture got in there or there's a bad connection. I played with every wire & connector & it seems to make no difference. Everything just works.

Well, no complaints about that. When I get some time I'll re-assemble it and see how things go in the spring. A good news story. With that said, the mod would have been rather trick. I'll keep that under my hat in case I decide to try it anyway. :)

Kenny

I took out the 2 screws under seat and the 6 push pins under rear plastic but the tail section still feels like it's still connected under the tail light. I pulled on it for a bit but gave up cause I didn't want to break something. Is there something holding it on under the tail light?

DLSGAP

My motodynamic tail light worked fine when I parked my bike in 2014. Got it out of storage the beginning of June and got her running again and the left side ambers aren't lighting up towards the center of the light. Guess I'll need to take it apart and check the internals