Motodynamic install help

FZER

Avid Rider
I was wondering if someone could help me locate the main plug. My motodynamic came with the special adaptor for the FZ8, but just a quick look under the passendger seat I didn't see it. Is it under the main seat? Also does anyone see a problem with me piggy backing the power wire for my 21 led running light and led's on my fender eliminator? I figure it wouldn't be an issue because the current should be a lot less than the stock bulbs.

Running light
Knight Rider LED Light Bar

lyric911

I was wondering if someone could help me locate the main plug. My motodynamic came with the special adaptor for the FZ8, but just a quick look under the passendger seat I didn't see it. Is it under the main seat? Also does anyone see a problem with me piggy backing the power wire for my 21 led running light and led's on my fender eliminator? I figure it wouldn't be an issue because the current should be a lot less than the stock bulbs.

Running light

The turn signal plugs are sort of between the front and rear seat. They are a lot further forward than you'd expect. You don't want to piggy back off of other wires because you need the brake signal too.

Harrywz

Running light

I have the Fazer and installed the Motodynamic light. I just removed rear seat and rear fairing. Few screws and couple of philips type pushpin on top and 6 pushpin plugs on bottom. I had to use the extra cable that came with the light for running/stop. Light has square connector, bike has round connecter similar to turn signal. You can tap into the 12V of the running light cable to connect your LED strip. As well the light comes with harness with resistor for signal light. Once you install fron LED signal light, flash rate will increase. I replaced my flash relay, under the seat on right side with one from GKA Industries (Ebay), direct replacement, fits like OEM and was able to remove load resistors and flash rate is at OEM rate. Sorry, forgot that I had to remove riders seat as well to remove fairing.

Last edited:

FZEE8

I actually just installed my Motodynamic tail light tonight along with some Riznoma Action turn signals. As already mentioned, the tail light comes with a small wiring harness that you plug onto the tail light and then you connect it straight on the bike's connector. I didn't connect my turn signal wires from the bike to the tail light since I put external signals on. (I'm not into the whole sequential disco scene)

I took off both seats and the silver metal bracket that holds the seat up. It made it a lot easier to get to all of the wires.

FZER

Avid Rider
The turn signal plugs are sort of between the front and rear seat. They are a lot further forward than you'd expect. You don't want to piggy back off of other wires because you need the brake signal too.

I think I got it I'm going to use the running light wire and the brake light wire to not only pwr the new tail light but the led and the LEDs in the fender eliminator.

DLSGAP

g mine, the left turn signal and tail/brake light connections were on the left side, and the right signal and license plate light were on the right infront of the storage area. I just connected the leads to the led lights I'm using as the plate light and hooked up the motodynamic light to the respective factory connections.

The things I'm having difficulty with...
1. Finding the time I want for riding
2. Keeping the damn thing clean
3. The AC doesn't work when I'm sitting in traffic for my 45 mile ride home from work

FZER

Avid Rider
Got the fender eliminator and the new taillight all installed and hookuped. I piggy backed the pwr and ground wires for the eliminator led's and the brake wire going into the tailight only to find out that the ground wire on my lightbar was broke at the light. Needless to say I was real happy about that. I desoldered all three wires on it at work today and installed new wires. Sucks that I cut the wires on the fender eliminator though, just to have to cut the bad wires from the light bar off. I think I'll just use the harness from the new tailight now for all my voltages now.

In case anyone is wondering. Red is running pwr, black is ground, and white is brake on the harness for the tailight.

Larry P

This thread will be handy when I end up getting mine. Looking for the tag holder with the laser etched FZ8 logo before I pounce though.

FZER

Avid Rider
This thread will be handy when I end up getting mine. Looking for the tag holder with the laser etched FZ8 logo before I pounce though.

Yeah I looked around a good bit for a cool licence frame and nothing really stuck out. I figured I could cover the yoshimura with the knight rider light and just go plain back there. I did pull the whole tail off of my bike just to let you know. It's a pretty simple install, but just time consumming. Plus, it's 98 in the shade here, so several quarts of Gatoraid were involved and several beers after to help out the bad disc in my back.