Looking for Power Commander 5 maps...

Brzezn03

I'm new to the forum and I apologize if this was covered on a previous thread.

Nevertheless, I'm looking for a PCV map for a '12 FZ8N with a Two Brothers V.A.L.E. slip-on, BCM air filter, air box mod, AIS / smog blocker plates.

I'm getting the Autotune-200, but wanted something to start with as a base map in the PCV (they say it is learns faster if the map is "close" to your configuration). I already have Dynojet's Two Brothers slip-on, stock air filter map (M22-040-002.pvm), but I wanted to know if any of you have something better. Anything close to my configuration (like any aftermarket slip-on, airbox mod, K&N air filter, AIS / smog blocker plates) would be great as a starting point.

When I get the autotune-200, I'll can post a few possible combinations of maps with my current setup, if anyone is interested. I still have the stock exhaust, air filter and AIS smog plates.
PLEASE NOTE: If you want a map with a non-modded airbox, please let me know sooner than later, as I plan on chopping the airbox early next week since it is going to rain for a few days.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance for your helpful advice!

See Ya!
Brez :)

lothodon

Super Moderator
while i don't have maps, i can tell you that the ais/smog plate removal shouldn't be an issue with the map at all. it is strictly for exhaust not intake.

i'll keep an eye out for a fitting map however...

Brzezn03

Thank you for keeping an eye open for me.

As a side note, I need the AIS / smog plate blocker mod to successfully use the autotune-200... Nothing like a little fresh air to throw off an AFR reading.

Hey that makes me wonder, how does the stock O2 sensor compensate for the AIS?
Interesting...

Brzezn03

Thank you for the quick reply.
However, that just brings me to the default maps from DynoJet which I already have. (Sorry if I didn't mention that earlier :p )

I'm also leery to try the European maps as the guy at DynoJet advised against it. He mentioned something about the fuel having different additives?!? I think the Auto-tune could figure that out quite easily.
My biggest concern is that none of the maps that I've seen so far have any airbox mods or after market air filter...
I guess I could also use the M22-040-002.pvm map as the base and let the Autotune do its job, right?!?

lothodon

Super Moderator
i don't think you'll ever find an "official" map with the airbox mod as i think filters and slip ons are the most common mods.

i'm surprised there aren't any with the slip ons and air filter changes readily available yet.

if you're going with the autotuner i'd say use the map for your slip on and let it do the rest.

FZER

Avid Rider
Yep Dr. Doom seems to have a very popular map. I've contacted him as well for it and I know of at least two others running it too. You are right though dynojet has a very short list of maps listed for us. I have contacted Akrapovic to see if they tuned the 8 they ran on the dyno to get the numbers they got. Course you'd have to believe the exhaust company in that case. Dynojet told me to run the akrapovic slip on map and I would see some difference, but they also mentioned that the auto tune would greatly improved everything since they don't a specific map for my mods (full system). I continue to hear great things about the auto tune and I also noticed that Dr. Doom is now running one too. With no tune at all I do however believe my bike has pick up some torque between 3 and 5000, but my bike still doesn't start to really take off till about 7 and above.

G Chase

Pillion
US or Euro?

I see DynoJet web site PCv map # 22-040-501 is listed as 'Stock exhaust Stock air filter Dynojet O2 Optimizer installed' but when you open it it it says this map is for the European model, 2010 I believe. Is this map for US or Euro? S'pose I could ask DynoJet but I'm being lazy.

Black-n-naked

Does anyone know of a map for a European '11 with K&N, airbox mod and Akra slip on?
It's probably too specific but hey, who knows...;)

Black-n-naked

Still holding off on buying a PCIV.:(
Without the correct mapping I'll have to have it Dyno'ed myself and then it becomes an even more expensive undertaking.

SD70M2

Drag-Strip addict
How about stock pipe, K&N drop-in and the Air Box mod? I've got about a hundred miles for a dyno.