Km/h to mp/h

SpunkyTheTuna

Used to be a topic of major conversation, and there were several attempts to get popular support for it, but it fizzled and died. Funny, thing, though. I used to spend some time in Canada. Drove to Home Depot obeying metric speed limits to buy lumber marked in inch measures. Still that way up there? You guys still buy liters of gas and 2X4 lumber?

SeñorJack

El Guapo
I hope this can be done on the fly. I live in mexico and work in the USA so this will be super rad. get my bike in two days! :D

SeñorJack

El Guapo
I have a 2012 us version and holding the select button works for me. while riding. I love it, I use it everyday for bordercrossing. so glad someone somewhere thought of this. today is my first day on my bike and I put 100 miles on her all before work :)

AlCab

I think it's ridiculous that they can't all go back and forth between km and miles (and especially the Canadian bikes). I mean, how much more could that cost?

I also noticed that some other country's 8's have a hazard light switch while the US model does not (at least mine does not). What's up with that?

AlCab

ya they do seem kinda weird in that respect, mine has a phantom button on the left side that does nothing :confused:

Mine has that too. I actually took my left control pod apart thinking the button was stuck in the "in" position and found that that it's just a plastic placeholder and there is no electrical going to it.

SeñorJack

El Guapo
Mine has that too. I actually took my left control pod apart thinking the button was stuck in the "in" position and found that that it's just a plastic placeholder and there is no electrical going to it.

my dealer said it was most likely a "lap" feature or something like that from the r1 and/or fz1. bummer that the mph to kph isnt available on canadian models. its really handy.

sidenote: today I made a huge mistake and came to the US/Mexican border on the mexican side without a single form of ID or a plate on my bike (its on its way). I showed the border patrol agent how awesome the bike was and how cool and easy it was to switch back to mph as he saw it on kph. He was so impressed he said "get out of here" and let me through and mentioned to always drive it through his lane :) the sexiness of the fz8 is equal to a us passport I guess :D

F

Fazed

my dealer said it was most likely a "lap" feature or something like that from the r1 and/or fz1. bummer that the mph to kph isnt available on canadian models. its really handy.

sidenote: today I made a huge mistake and came to the US/Mexican border on the mexican side without a single form of ID or a plate on my bike (its on its way). I showed the border patrol agent how awesome the bike was and how cool and easy it was to switch back to mph as he saw it on kph. He was so impressed he said "get out of here" and let me through and mentioned to always drive it through his lane :) the sexiness of the fz8 is equal to a us passport I guess :D

So why go to this extent, just buy an FZ8

On the fence: bid to cross US border fails | News.com.au