Km/h to mp/h

diver551

Hi. Does anybody know if we can change the speedometer from km/h to mp/h. I live in Canada but moving to the U.S so I need the speedometer to reflect that, and I really don't want to change out the entire console. Thanks.

chodatus

Hi. Does anybody know if we can change the speedometer from km/h to mp/h. I live in Canada but moving to the U.S so I need the speedometer to reflect that, and I really don't want to change out the entire console. Thanks.

You could just sell your Canadian bike and buy a US bike. US FZ8's are dirt cheap compared to Canadian. You could probably gain a profit lol.

C

calscrazy

check your owners manual. there is a way but i can tremember off top of my head. had abuddy screwing around and change mine one time. i didn't notice until i got moving. very surprising when you get passed on freeway and you look down and speedo says 120 (km).

diver551

I couldn't find anything in the owners manual and I even called the local yamaha dealer and they said they didn't know. I know you can on the digital displays for their atvs and sleds though, so there has to be a way.

Mrpacis

Press and hold select button it'll change from km to mp. I did it by accident I thought I was resetting the trip meter but I was pressing the select button the whole time. Try it and let me know.

diver551

No luck for me. I held it for at least 20s with the bike running and again when it was off but key turned to on. Also did this with the reset button and both buttons together. Just can't get it.

diver551

Yes i did ask the dealer and they had no clue. Their answer was to buy an entire new console. Maybe U.S models have that option and the canadian ones don't. I'm not sure why not but I haven't figured it out yet.

Mrpacis

I just dd it again with my bike not started only on the on position. Pressed and held select button for 3 secs and it change to kmh. I did it while it was on trip a, trip b, and even on the odometer.

Mrpacis

Yes i did ask the dealer and they had no clue. Their answer was to buy an entire new console. Maybe U.S models have that option and the canadian ones don't. I'm not sure why not but I haven't figured it out yet.

If yoevent seem to do it maybe thats the case. Only is models can either be switched

Last edited:
V

Vapordan

looks like it is disabled on canadian models because mine doesn't do it either.

Harrywz

Thanks for taking the time to check but it looks like it is a no go on canadian models. Bummer.

Nope, does not work. In a downloaded owners manual, has to press and hold select button. Works if you have a speedo with MPH. Plus book was for overseas model. The CND unit does not have that "user" feature. Once you are in the states, you may be able to get a dealer to re-program the dash.

bobbyb

I have a USA bought bike, live in canada on a borber town. On my bike,when displaying total mileage(not trip a or b) press and hold "select", right hand button. changes from 1 to the other. Not sure about a cdn bought bike.
B

MotoRick

Motorcycle Fanatic
Looks like OZ isn't going back either:rolleyes:
Sooo, when are you guys going to be metricated (you have the technology!)?
:D

There are absolutely no rumors of us going metric in the near future. It's just not even an occasional topic of conversation.