Ivan's Fuel Cut Eliminator Mod

Mansack

So, just got off the phone with a guy at Ivan's Performance Products who said that the FZ1 Fuel Cut Eliminator will NOT work with our FZ8 and there are currently no plans to get this mod created for our bike. However(!), if someone was willing to let him use your bike for testing purposes, he would give them the FCE free of charge (~$200) and make it available for sale to the rest of us. Might need the bike for a week or so.

Sounds pretty good to me, and if I lived in the New York area I would. He did want me to mention that we, of course, would not be able to post anything about how the mod is created or plans to create our own on this site, and if he found out about it he would stop selling them entirely.

I've checked out the FZ1 site about this mod, and it's mostly very positive. Seems like it would stop all the jerkiness after letting off the throttle, and stops the fuel injectors from shutting off. Would be nice to see what this could do for our bikes.

Who's up for some experimentation?

F

Fazed

I assume this would stop the fuel being cut completely when there is no throttle input?

Mansack

I hope so! I get butt clenching moments when I roll off and go into a tight right hand turn, and I get that initial jump from turning the throttle as slowly as possible.

From the site:

What is"fuel cut" ??

(Fuel Cut is a federal emissions regulation requirement for all EFI vehicles sold in the USA since 1980...... NO VEHICLES ARE EXEMPT !! )

"Fuel cut" happens when you close the throttle anytime above a preset rpm, in other words the injectors will stop.....
On the FZ-1 it is anything above 4500 rpm
ST1300 is 2500 rpm
Z1000 is 3600 rpm
Upon re-application of the throttle, there is a delay before the system will start back up and re-wet the intake tract and combustion chamber..... the rider feels this as a delay and jerky response from closed throttle.... especially while leaned over in a turn or trying to manuver the bike at low speeds.

Mansack

wfdowns - Sounds like a good deal if you have the time in spring. Not like most of us are riding any time soon to take advantage of it right away.

Marthy

wfdowns - Sounds like a good deal if you have the time in spring. Not like most of us are riding any time soon to take advantage of it right away.

No one tried to adjust there TPS to read 1% instead of 0% at idle? Very easy to do if you have a PCV. Then if it work you can share the voltage at close throttle with everyone... That's something I would try.

Mansack

Well that sounds like a good thing too! I unfortunately do not have a PCV, but if this FCE mod costs $200, and a PCV costs what, ~$300 and has a ton more functionality....

Might need to read up more on what the PVC can actually do. Thanks

F

Fazed

I think this is a problem that could be covered by the accel pump function within the PCV. I have still yet to play with mine. Like Mansack wrote why pay for a $200 device that does one thing when you can get another that does more.

You could try what Marthy said as well.

cpatt

if he wasnt 3 hrs away i would let him use my bike... maybe if he drove an hour and a 1/2 to conneticut i could meet him some where

do you have his email?

waypoint

mod squad
No one tried to adjust there TPS to read 1% instead of 0% at idle? Very easy to do if you have a PCV. Then if it work you can share the voltage at close throttle with everyone... That's something I would try.

Thought about this when studying up on the Juice Box Pro that's headed my way. Evidently, after you calibrate the throttle position you can adjust voltages for both minimum and maximum. I was wondering if bumping the minimum would solve the issue.

I'll try it when it arrives, hopefully tomorrow or saturday. Looks like it's gonna be a beautiful weekend :p so I plan on exploring the new toy. I'll get back to you with the results... Unless someone else tries it sooner.

Marthy

Thought about this when studying up on the Juice Box Pro that's headed my way. Evidently, after you calibrate the throttle position you can adjust voltages for both minimum and maximum. I was wondering if bumping the minimum would solve the issue.

I'll try it when it arrives, hopefully tomorrow or saturday. Looks like it's gonna be a beautiful weekend :p so I plan on exploring the new toy. I'll get back to you with the results... Unless someone else tries it sooner.

If all you do is cheat the fuel controller it's not going to cheat the ECU. But try to add a lot of fuel in the zero column... might work? The problem is not that bad with the 6R... nothing I can actually feel.

I'm not saying it will work... but worth trying. Something really easy to do with the map sensor by the way... I added fuel a bit because it was running crazy lean on decel (16.0:1 F/R) I got it back in the 15 flat... 7% is roughly 1.0:1 F/R just to give you an idea... So you can easily start with 10-15% and add up until it turn $hitty then back up a bit.

Last edited:

waypoint

mod squad

Well, no package and no tracking number from ATVGalaxy.com. So I guess I won't get it until next week :mad:

Mansack

if he wasnt 3 hrs away i would let him use my bike... maybe if he drove an hour and a 1/2 to conneticut i could meet him some where

do you have his email?

Takes calls only, no email in the US. I called the number on the main website, and the guy picked up quickly.