ISO Comfortable Rear Seat

Keach

How much did Eddie from the FZ1 site charge?

I think it was 120 for the front 90 for the rear. I think 20 less on the rear if u don't want extra padding and just want it covered to match the front seat. There are two different material prints to choose from. I suggest you email him if your interested. He was extremely helpful and will answer any questions you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keach

I doubt if my ass will ever get used to this seat. To be sure, I'm getting more used to the pressure points on it, but to me the main problem is that it slopes down forward to the tank way too much. Why do the bike mfrs keep making seats like this? Geez, make an optional seat for really short people, but don't stick all of us with a seat where you inevitably end up jammed up against the tank.

And when you try to sit further back in the seat (possible when travelling with some speed), as soon as you slow down, or go downhill, or brake, you end up sliding down the seat to the tank while your underwear/riding shorts/pants/whatever get jammed into your crotch. Not my idea of comfortable. Maybe a good seat shape for a race bike, but this is clearly not a race bike, so why didn't Yamaha give it a more street-oriented seat? Anyway, having had a look at Corbin and Shad seats fitted to the FZ8, I'm not sure they rectify my main complaint about the shape of this seat - they still seem to slope down to the tank quite a bit.

The dirt road Eddie seat levels it out in the front and significantly reduces the lean forward. Not sure if ur in the US or what shipping the seat to Tennessee would cost you, but that's one of the biggest benefits of his seat.

Fazer 8

I don't think shipping costs would be too bad, as the seat is not that big or heavy. Only problem is that I would be without a seat for a while. I also wonder whether the seat would still be waterproof? They often aren't after custom work. Definitely going to look into it, I like the looks of it.

elim70

[email protected]

Shoot Eddie an email. I paid $120 for front and $70 for rear. It's $90 if you want the foam mod on the rear. I opted not to cause I almost never ride with a pillion. He has stitching colors you can choose from and piping as well. He is very quick to respond to emails and a super nice guy. He charges $20 for USPS 2 day shipping. I had mine back and installed in less than a week.

Keach

I don't think shipping costs would be too bad, as the seat is not that big or heavy. Only problem is that I would be without a seat for a while. I also wonder whether the seat would still be waterproof? They often aren't after custom work. Definitely going to look into it, I like the looks of it.

I know it is still waterproof because I wanted to do a gold stitch but there isn't any marine grade anti wicking thread available in gold so it was a no go. Turn around time on the seat is super fast. I had my seat sent out and back in in less than a week. Only way I see shipping getting too expensive is maybe if your out of the US. Either way you can get an idea from estimating the shipping to TN from wherever you live.