Integrated gear indicator!

RedarT

Check this out! Anyone know how to do it?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THkcr5offzw]YouTube - IRE intégré FZ8[/ame]

D

Deleted member 438

Gear indicator

That's awesome. We're going to have to do some research.

lothodon

Super Moderator
i gotta admit, that's pretty impressive. not sure i've got the bravery to rip the tach apart though.

D

Deleted member 438

Someone did that on the fz6 site,I will try and find the thread.
From memory ,you had to send your cluster away and the guy did all the work for you.

EDIT:found it Acumen Gear Indicator integrated into gauge cluster!! - Yamaha FZ6 Forums - International FZ6 Motorcycle Community Forum

I checked out Mod of the Year Design • MOTY lightweight motorcycle batteries, which is where that guy got his indicator done, and it no longer seems like they offer that service. I'll email them and see what's up.

D

Deleted member 438

AlCab

Guys, I contacted Brian with MOTYdesign.com and he agreed to do an integrated gear indicator on my bike. Mine will be the first FZ8 that he does and if all goes well, I think he may offer the service to other FZ8 owners. I shipped him my instrument cluster on Friday so I should it have it back in a week and a half or so. I will post up pics and a review once I get it back.

He has done an FZ6 before and it looks like the same cluster as ours so I think it should turn out just fine. The pic below is the FZ6 that he did.

So what color should I go with? My choices are red, amber, blue, green, or orange. I am leaning towards red since it maches the backlighting of the stock gauges. Amber is my second choice.

Last edited:
C

Camo

Personally, if this works out I'd go red.
I'd be all over this at the right price!!

n00b

Avid Rider
Guys, I contacted Brian with MOTYdesign.com and he agreed to do an integrated gear indicator on my bike. Mine will be the first FZ8 that he does and if all goes well, I think he may offer the service to other FZ8 owners. I shipped him my instrument cluster on Friday so I should it have it back in a week and a half or so. I will post up pics and a review once I get it back.

He has done an FZ6 before and it looks like the same cluster as ours so I think it should turn out just fine. The pic below is the FZ6 that he did.

So what color should I go with? My choices are red, amber, blue, green, or orange. I am leaning towards red since it maches the backlighting of the stock gauges. Amber is my second choice.

I contacted them on their side, indicating i'm interested in a FZ8 gear indicator

AlCab

Just wanted to update this thread. My completed gauge is being shipped back to me today so it took about two weeks to turn it around instead of the estimated one week but I told Brian I was in no hurry since the weather is crap here anyway. So I should have it back in a couple days and hope to get it installed before I leave town for the holidays on Friday. If not, it will be next year before I update this thread again but I will at least post a pic of the gauge once I get it back even if it is not fully installed yet.