Insurance

b-eock

Full coverage 2011 FZ8, 17 male. Dallas, Texas. Progressive 3,000 a year... Couldn't find anything better. That seems outrageous compared to everyone else's...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

DLSGAP

I'm in the Dallas area paying like 1200 a year. 33 years old, riding for 25... clean record, msf, etc etc... Feeling ripped off

Sent from my S3 using Tapatalk

b-eock

Yeah me too. I'm 17, took the MSF course, have a clean driving record (because of me not getting caught, but still...)

DLSGAP

Yeah me too. I'm 17, took the MSF course, have a clean driving record (because of me not getting caught, but still...)

You're young though... Men under 25 get shit rates... But Mid thirties, homeowner, 3 kids... Homeowners and 2 cages with same agent... Should be cheaper

b-eock

Yeah that's true. Still, paying for it all on my own is kinda hard...

cambo

Avid Rider
28 yr old in DC metropolitan area, married w/1 kid, no tickets ever...paying 500/yr for full coverage through Rider Insurance.

However, after perusing this thread, I'm definitely going to check out state farm. I never thought to look at their cycle insurance as they used to rape me with their car insurance.

Glad this thread got bumped!

anelson24

I'm 22 with no tickets in southern ca with msf and AAA is just over 450 a year...I also have my car insured by them, which they rape me for..but I was surprised at how inexpensive the bike was..compared to 1550 a year for my 2006 4 door Mazda 6...cheapest by the way I could find on both..

*full coverage on both too

alexk

Weekend Rider
33 single male, Austin TX. No tickets in 7 years.

$542/yr full coverage $250 deductible

The reason it's so low? I have my car insurance through State Farm Mutual as well. From what I can see, the homeowners insurance (and the home itself) didn't factor into the rates or risks.

dtbrown

Full coverage 2011 FZ8, 17 male. Dallas, Texas. Progressive 3,000 a year... Couldn't find anything better. That seems outrageous compared to everyone else's...

Did you get a quote from American family? When I was looking they were by far the cheapest. But again it may be because of my record which is pretty good. I was suggested them by the dealer because they have been doing motorcycle insurance for a long time. I'm $560 a year full coverage. Good luck.

SeñorJack

El Guapo
I'm in the Dallas area paying like 1200 a year. 33 years old, riding for 25... clean record, msf, etc etc... Feeling ripped off

daaamn!! dude im 27 single with 2 "99mph" speeding tickets in the past few years and i think im at 80 a month. I think you might be able to keep a little bit more of your money every year :) and buy forum stickers and retrofits!

DLSGAP

Yeah... I adjusted my coverage and got it down to around that... Apparently I had some super inclusive policy before that was nickel and diming me

EtienneFZ8

28 years old. California. No accidents or ickets ever. AAA insurance Full Coverage 1000$ deductible. 1250$ a year. 2013 FZ8

Last edited:
45 yrs old no accidents, no tickets. Utah.

Last edited:

HeresMyMind

connecticut
allstate
2013 fz8
$527.78 a year full coverage 1000$ deductible
squeeky clean record
added uninsured/underinsured driver as well

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-07-30 at 3.41.06 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-07-30 at 3.41.06 PM.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 25
  • Screen Shot 2015-07-30 at 3.45.11 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-07-30 at 3.45.11 PM.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

imcfowler

25 years old in Michigan. 2013 FZ8. Full coverage, perfect driving/riding record, $1000 deductible through State Farm is $700 per year. Progressive and Esurance quoted me around $1500-$1700 per year. But get this: GEICO was $5300 (yes, five-thousand three-hundred dollars) per year!!!! Needless to say I went with State Farm. My agent was a pleasure to work with, I got to talk to an actual person, and GEICO can kiss my ass lol

The bonus was when I asked my State Farm agent how much it would be to insure my dirt-bike (KTM 250 XC, street legal two stroke; I had Progressive on that one, which was roughly $25/month) with them also, and he said the discount would more than offset the price increase I'd receive for the multi-vehicle policy, so it was either $740 per year for just the FZ8, or $700 per year for the FZ8 AND the KTM. A no-brainer for me, and I will be calling State Farm once my auto policy expires next month.

Geanmage13

28 years old from California with a speeding ticket from February 15. :cool: I am paying now (after the ticket) $78/month for my 2013 FZ8 with progressive and before i was paying $58.