Insurance

hypo

Now that I've actually commited to progressive for insurance, my state farm agent called me back and said that they've loosened it up a little bit on rates in Texas... Progressive said something like 1200-1400 per year, (which is who I went with,) but now State Farm can save me $300 bucks... you KNOW what I'm gonna do.

Motorcycle Insurance rates are BIG in Texas, thats for sure.

casefc3s

I probably should've done the six-month purchase, but I ended up doing the monthly payments with it being re-evaluated every six. Costs $48/mo through Progressive for me, can't complain!

MikeC

Weekend Rider
Forgot to mention that price includes the optional $10,000 bodily injury medical coverage.

Just wanted to bump this thread back from the dead to say thanks, and let it be a good starting point for anyone looking to get more affordable insurance.

I was paying 15/30 liability, with $1,000 deductible comprehensive (no collision) at Geico. Total policy for the year costs around $880. It would have been $1500 with Collision.

I also checked Progressive for a grand total of $1200 for 15/30 500/500.

After reading this thread, I gave the nearest state farm agent a call and I'm now getting $550/ year for 15/30 500/500. Comes out to be like $50 dollars a month, which is MUCH MUUUUUCHHHH Better.

So thanks guys for turning me onto my local state farm.

ssky0078

Scottsdale, AZ All State Insurance
34, single
2009 Yamaha Fz1 $1550 per year (I got All states Renters Insurance for about $140 for the year and this dropped my rate by almost 40 per month). I have comprehensive, theft, fire, vandalism, Med-pay for up to $10,000, $1,000 of accessories are insured as well and a $1000 deductible.

I could go with just liability and drop it down to I think they said $70/month

I have a shit driving record. I went without car insurance for 10 months, had 3 speeding tickets in 2010, and an at fault accident. If I can make it through to November without any incidences then I will have my rate dropped in half they said.

Thankfully when I crashed my Fz6 I got the one free wreck for the year so my rate didn't get worse. They also paid me out fairly and I was able to purchase the Fz1, which pretty much looks like an Fz8 now, just 30 more ponies between my legs.

Motogpmad

Im 42, no claims or convictions. Been riding for as long as i can remember. Had a few years out road riding, just did track days on my zx7r so only got 1 years no claims. You lose your no claims after 3 years of non insurance. Fully comprehensive, bike valude at £7000. Costs me £367 a year. That includes legel cover, break down assist in uk and europe, helmet and leather cover and personal accident. Road tax is about £70 a year i think.

dalco450

I pay 330$ for full insurance with 250$ deductibles.
31 yo and no tickets. Also, I only have my licence since last year.

Last edited:

black8

I am 49 full no claims,clean license and costs me £149.00 fully comp,legal cover, break down, helmet and leathers covered, insured to ride other bikes and pillion cover,bike insured for £7k

Lee_533

Lucky bastards. I'm paying $117 a month for full coverage on mine with $500 deductible. I'm 22 yo. With only a red light camera ticket on my record. I hate California insurance rates. I've had my motorcycle license for 6 years with no motorcycle accidents or tickets yet I'm still getting raped on insurance. I was paying $180 and month when I got the bike.

D

Deleted member 438

All of you guys in the states gotta check out American Family Insurance. I just renewed last month and still the cheapest I could find full coverage. 100/300 policy and low deductible.

H

Hoover

All of you guys in the states gotta check out American Family Insurance. I just renewed last month and still the cheapest I could find full coverage. 100/300 policy and low deductible.

Yep. +1. Thats who I use as well.

ssky0078

Yep. +1. Thats who I use as well.

How are they with previous citations? I would have saved $300 more to switch to state farm, but I had 1 too many speeding tickets.

I figure if I can get through this year then I will be able to shop around because all my violations will be over 3 years old.

ian1953

I am 60, so 9 years NCD, fully comp £6.700 bike, NCD protection, euro cover, leathers + helmet cover = £145 this year, sorry guys :D

H

Hoover

How are they with previous citations? I would have saved $300 more to switch to state farm, but I had 1 too many speeding tickets.

I figure if I can get through this year then I will be able to shop around because all my violations will be over 3 years old.

No idea mate. I have never had a ticket of any kind...ever!

TallGuyNW

49 years old. Insurance with State Farm is $18/month for 100/300, $250 deductable comp, $500 deductable collision. They only do annual policies for motorcycles though.

ZeeKdaGreeK

New York insurance

Browsing the site I realized a lack of quotes from New York so I figured I'd fill that gap.. I'm picking up the FZ8 next week and spent this week contacting several insurance companies, the best quote by far that I received so far was from statefarm at $116 a month I'm 27 make single, one seatbelt ticket in the past 2 years, and that's comp and collision with $500 deductible.. If anyone from New York finds better let me no I checked with geico, farmers, Allstate, nationwide, statefarm, progressive, and a seedy company B&H insurance..
First post new member looking forward to many more

Dom83

29 years old from canada, bought my 8 last year, two speeding tickets, my biker license since last year as well

full coverage, 500$ deductible

600$/year

Martimusx

26 yo from west virginia with one ticket for speeding and i pay $360/year with this company called Foremost. Full coverage as im still making payments.