Insurance question

FZER

Avid Rider
If I may ask, how much are you guys paying per year? And through which company? Thanks!

Hey man welcome. Go STEELERS! Someone on here turned me on to American Family General. I've got full coverage with very good deductables and coverage for $400/year. I'm also 37 and have zero claims or tickets, plus a good credit rating if that is actually a factor.

rug_burn

$200/year added on to an existing policy (for a honda valkyrie) Not full coverage and no 'uninsured motorist coverage', a ticket on my record- I think only one.

One of my co-workers highly recommended Foremost Insurance. I never heard of them before- but according to him that only means that they don't spend all their money on advertising. Judging by their website, they look okay- I'll try them next time.

highoctane

Canyon Carver
I pay $21.00 per month full everything w/100.00 deductable thru state farm
but I also have insure multi vehicles (5) with them.

The Arsenal

$515 a year with State Farm. No tickets. No claims. Have 2 cars and 1 other bike with them; as well as a renters policy. I'm 39 with dodgy credit!!

kjonas75

Here is Australia I would be paying almost $900/year.
I am 37 and not had any accident for the past 10 years.

As I bought the bike brand new, Yamaha provided the first 12 month insurance.

I was advised the bike was a class 2 (same class as FZ1).

We really get ripped off here in Australia.

compensation

25 a month thru state farm. The plan is amazing full coverage. I had a claim a few years back on a brute force kawi. They bought me a new stihl chainsaw, shotgun and new atv. Didnt raise my rates either.

randyka

Cool, thanks guys! I was just wondering. if anyone is curious, I'm 23/ good credit/ clean record, and I'm paying 689/ year through all state. So, it seems that I pay the average amount.

D

Deleted member 438

I'm with American Family and I pay $354 a year for full coverage. 31 with 100,000/300,00 and $500 deductibles.

Black Widow

Avid Rider
$425 (Canadian) for 12 months. Beacon Insurance. 46 and no claims, good credit.... hey wait this is starting to sound like a dating service :shame: :spank:

dtbrown

If I may ask, how much are you guys paying per year? And through which company? Thanks!

I played the insurance game a month ago when I got my bike. Call around but American family and Allstate seem to be the best and cheapest. I called American Family, Geico, Progressive, Esurance, Allstate and American Family was cheapest for me. My credit is a little low due to a past unemployment but no tickets or accidents in past three years and I pay about $507.80 a year with $500 deductible with highest coverages.

Better than the other quotes of $1500++ but that may be due to my credit. I think that going with companies that have been insuring motorcycles longest are the best to start with. GL

W

WARPTH

Here is Australia I would be paying almost $900/year.
I am 37 and not had any accident for the past 10 years.

As I bought the bike brand new, Yamaha provided the first 12 month insurance.

I was advised the bike was a class 2 (same class as FZ1).

We really get ripped off here in Australia.

dude, give swann insurance a go! im same boat as you bought brand new didnt have to pay first year but i checked online to see how much id be up for long run, and my quote came back about $700 full comp 27yo with a claim in last x2 years!

Harrywz

$425 (Canadian) for 12 months. Beacon Insurance. 46 and no claims, good credit.... hey wait this is starting to sound like a dating service :shame: :spank:

Canadian insurance rates are quite different. I am in Ontario Canada. Our rates are considered to be the 2nd highest in Canada. I'm an old guy (over 50), clean record and have had m/c insurance for the last 10 years and I am paying $660.00/year. This is for full coverage with $1000.00 deductable and accident forgiveness rider. I checked into a FZ1 and it almost doubles to $1200.00/year, same rate as an R1. ZX14 is close to $1400.00/year. When I got back into bikes 10 years ago, I was considered a new rider even though I had my M/C license for over 30 years. Ya, I got it when I was 17 and have kept it ever since. Any way, I started back with an 84 FJ750 Seca, libility only and that was $1100/year. Paid $1500 for the bike. Month later went to an 85 FZ750 and rate jumped to $1350.00/year. Cruisers have a cheaper rate.
If you have a newer sportbike, to get theft coverage you must have an alarm professionally installed with at least 3 different types of protectection. Scorpio and Gorilla meet these criteria as I'm sure there are other brands as well.

I was at a bike show couple of years back, was talking with insurance people and was given the reasons why rates are so high. Its not the bike that cost money but the soft tissue damage to the riders/passengers involved in an accident. We get hurt worse on a bike than in a car.The costs involed in rehab, loss of work etc add up.

V

Vapordan

Canadian insurance rates are quite different. I am in Ontario Canada. Our rates are considered to be the 2nd highest in Canada. I'm an old guy (over 50), clean record and have had m/c insurance for the last 10 years and I am paying $660.00/year. This is for full coverage with $1000.00 deductable and accident forgiveness rider. I checked into a FZ1 and it almost doubles to $1200.00/year, same rate as an R1. ZX14 is close to $1400.00/year. When I got back into bikes 10 years ago, I was considered a new rider even though I had my M/C license for over 30 years. Ya, I got it when I was 17 and have kept it ever since. Any way, I started back with an 84 FJ750 Seca, libility only and that was $1100/year. Paid $1500 for the bike. Month later went to an 85 FZ750 and rate jumped to $1350.00/year. Cruisers have a cheaper rate.
If you have a newer sportbike, to get theft coverage you must have an alarm professionally installed with at least 3 different types of protectection. Scorpio and Gorilla meet these criteria as I'm sure there are other brands as well.

I was at a bike show couple of years back, was talking with insurance people and was given the reasons why rates are so high. Its not the bike that cost money but the soft tissue damage to the riders/passengers involved in an accident. We get hurt worse on a bike than in a car.The costs involed in rehab, loss of work etc add up.

660 is a steal for full. GTA and I'm paying that much for liability and $1000 ded.

MotoRick

Motorcycle Fanatic
I recently bought my FZ8 and got what I thought was a ridiculously high quote from Merkel, my current insurer. So I've been calling around getting quotes and they were all over the chart! For complete coverage including comprehensive and collision, $500 deductible, 25000/50000 liability, uninsured motorist:
State Farm: $450/yr
Geico: $800/yr
Allstate: $900/yr
Progressive: $480/yr
Merkel American: $880/yr
I have three cars and our home with State Farm so I'm sure that factored into it. I'm 56 years old and no recent claims.
Hope this helps.