Insurance company really don,t like my mods

jess24845030

Ok so on the 22nd my insurance is due for renewal and getting quotes for my mods on the fz8 are a pain , most have loaded my policy with an extra £200 :eek: it's mad told a guy yesterday I could insure an R1 for less than what he had just quoted me . Oh we'll best go have more Internet time and phone calls to make . How are you guys getting on with insurance company's .

Motogpmad

Its criminal the amount insurance companies charge us. They have a license to print money. Robbing Bastards. I'm 42 with full no claims on my car insurance, but that means jack shit to my bike insurance.

Motogpmad

I just renewed my insurance with MCE. I was with performance direct but i cancelled. Cost me £127 to cancel but i dont care. They are a shit company to deal with and they do not cover modifications. MCE cost me a little bit more but i get euro cover + breakdown cover home and abroad, Legal assistance, helmet and leather cover and personal accident. Excellent and quick telephone service and very help full. You sure do get what you pay for with regards to insurance. I never go with the cheapest. MCE are a reputable company with a very good name.

C

calscrazy

i am in the US so i am sure its a bit different but i dont even bother with my mods. after my last accident i have determined it's actually cheaper in the long haul to just not tell them about mods.

Motogpmad

The thing is, if do not declare anything like mods etc and you have an accident, they will likely invalidate your insurance and not pay out on a claim.

H

Hoover

UK insurance was a rip off when I left 20 years ago, I see it hasn't changed.

I pay $225 a year for full coverage. I also have all my mods covered providing I have reciepts.

jess24845030

I just renewed my insurance with MCE. I was with performance direct but i cancelled. Cost me £127 to cancel but i dont care. They are a shit company to deal with and they do not cover modifications. MCE cost me a little bit more but i get euro cover + breakdown cover home and abroad, Legal assistance, helmet and leather cover and personal accident. Excellent and quick telephone service and very help full. You sure do get what you pay for with regards to insurance. I never go with the cheapest. MCE are a reputable company with a very good name.

Ok great have just taken out a policy with MCE bigger voluntary excess but its for 15 months and just about as much as renewal from from last years .

So sorted £200 less than best other quote .:) :)

jess24845030

The thing is, if do not declare anything like mods etc and you have an accident, they will likely invalidate your insurance and not pay out on a claim.

It's bad over here I even know of someone who failed to inform his insurance company of mods , he had an accident his bike was taken for evidence the insurance company asked about his insurance cover and they told police his insurance is invalid so they also did him for riding without insurance , his bill was in the thousands and a criminal record .

As a result I always inform my insurance company's now .

Motogpmad

Ok great have just taken out a policy with MCE bigger voluntary excess but its for 15 months and just about as much as renewal from from last years .

So sorted £200 less than best other quote .:) :)

Like i said, They have a brilliant reputation. Did you get the MCE BSB membership too? I did. :)

e11charlie

Up until this year I had been paying $235 a year. No accidents or tickets. Get my bill last month for the year. Went up $370. The reason they state is they did a market analysis and raised rates. Really?! So now I'm paying for everyone else's fuck ups? Insurance is bull (bullocks for you English speaking folk). It's a racket just like prescription drugs, health insurance, and taxes.

paulkemp

Got mine with e-bike insurance when it comes to mods justs asks of "value of extras " stick in £1000 and added only about £20 on top of original £290 premium.
43 year old passed test only in june last year .

Seems cheap enough to me as is fully comp with up to 30 days europ cover

Motogpmad

Got mine with e-bike insurance when it comes to mods justs asks of "value of extras " stick in £1000 and added only about £20 on top of original £290 premium.

They must be the same company as E car. My boy had his car insurance with them. Took 3 days to get a reply from them as you can only contact them by email. Cheapest quote i got was £202. But i had bad experiences in the past with cheap insurance companies. MCE are probably one of if not the biggest bike insurance company in the uk. You call them and they answer straight away. I consider that little bit extra cash is worth it. £1000 acessories is not the same as modifications. I found that out when i called them up to take out the policy. Always good to call and che k the quote before you click the buy button.

jumb5150

I guess i consider myself lucky. I have progressive and when i totaled my last fz8, they included coverage of up to $3000 in mods/upgrades and my jacket and helmet.

jess24845030

You may want to check on that I did the e-bike quote their is a value part for extras but also a part to list the mods I am 42 passed my test over 12 years ago and they quoted me nearly 500.

S

Shock

UK insurance was a rip off when I left 20 years ago, I see it hasn't changed.

I pay $225 a year for full coverage. I also have all my mods covered providing I have reciepts.

Who are you insured through? That's a better deal than I have with Farmers

H

Hoover

Who are you insured through? That's a better deal than I have with Farmers

American Family. But I have both cars, my house and my rental through them. Plus, as we only ride half the year, they take that into consideration.