I'd rather have a cage vs sliders.

Rotaryknight

I really want to get the Givi Guard. The cage is stronger compared to the sliders when it is scrubbing away at the pavement. At 60mph+ the sliders will probably break off, for teh cage, it will stay intact and it just looks way cooler for more nakedness look :)

FZ8Panda

I bought the Givi guard and am supremely happy with it. I low sided my last bike at about 15mph and it ripped every frame slider clean off...Don't plan on trying that again but this thing is solid. I had it on in about 20 minutes with just a basic socket set and allen wrenches.

pictures... http://www.779cc.org/forum/fz8-general-discussion/2790-finally-got-pictures.html

As far as lean angle. I'm not a super aggressive rider but i'm pretty sure the bike would be skidding across the pavement before the guards would hit the ground.

That looks great and way better protection than frame sliders. I'm looking to get this also once I have some extra cash laying around. If you don't mind me asking, how is the Yoshi R77? I got the exact same one coming in the mail soon and watched some vids of it but would like an owner's input. From what I can tell, it sounds just right. Not too loud or quiet. :cool:

LA2019

when u get a chance can u post a picture of ur bike? would like to see how all that looks together

Here are some pictures with the OEM Yamaha engine guard...

ken

That looks great and way better protection than frame sliders. I'm looking to get this also once I have some extra cash laying around. If you don't mind me asking, how is the Yoshi R77? I got the exact same one coming in the mail soon and watched some vids of it but would like an owner's input. From what I can tell, it sounds just right. Not too loud or quiet. :cool:

I really like the R77. My previous bike had a D&D which was ridiculously loud but sounded great. I think this sound is the perfect mix. Its loud enough that people will notice you but not too loud to annoy unless you pop the clutch and redline. My favorite thing is (apparently it happens with most aftermarket exhausts on the 8) the pop/growl on deceleration...it sounds soooo mean. I've even got it to give a good pop between each gear shift. Some people don't like this but I think its awesome.

RoadKill

I really like the R77. My previous bike had a D&D which was ridiculously loud but sounded great. I think this sound is the perfect mix. Its loud enough that people will notice you but not too loud to annoy unless you pop the clutch and redline. My favorite thing is (apparently it happens with most aftermarket exhausts on the 8) the pop/growl on deceleration...it sounds soooo mean. I've even got it to give a good pop between each gear shift. Some people don't like this but I think its awesome.

block the AIS and all that poping goes completely away. I was very happy after i blocked mine.

master paper clip

Eff that I love the pops and snaps, but my ais is blocked.... But when I decide to throw on my shorty, I unblock it since I did it the cheap way, its sounds so nasty and aggressive with the shorty and everyone always wounders what I have done to it and how much power, tell them idk but the butt dyno says more then enough

FZ8Panda

I know exactly what your talking about. Got the Yoshi today and installed it along with the first oil change on my FZ8. I absolutely love it! R77 is just what i was looking for, not too loud nor too silent. I actually don't mind the popping either. I'm coming from a Ninja 250 with a Yoshi and it used to do the same thing on that bike so it's nothing new. Now all I want for now is a fender eliminator and the engine protection cage. :cool: Just out of curiosity, is there any how to's of blocking off the ais? Just in case for some reason down the road I decide I don't want to hear the popping anymore.

xXAvroArrowXx

I know exactly what your talking about. Got the Yoshi today and installed it along with the first oil change on my FZ8. I absolutely love it! R77 is just what i was looking for, not too loud nor too silent. I actually don't mind the popping either. I'm coming from a Ninja 250 with a Yoshi and it used to do the same thing on that bike so it's nothing new. Now all I want for now is a fender eliminator and the engine protection cage. :cool: Just out of curiosity, is there any how to's of blocking off the ais? Just in case for some reason down the road I decide I don't want to hear the popping anymore.

http://www.instructables.com/id/FZ8-airbox-mod-and-AIS-blocking/

Avro
2011 Yamaha FZ8
2009 Kawasaki ER-6n (SOLD)