I need Good Gloves

V

Vapordan

Well, I need goodish gloves. Not overkill. Casual, very very fair weather rider. I saw these on close out at revzilla and they look cool. Can anybody recommend a good set? I also want something that takes a stab at the right handlebar vibration (silicone or gel thingy). The crap I bought for 30 bucks is showing its ass already.

JRider

Icon overlord short have been great gloves. The kangaroo skin palms are awesome, ventilation is very good and they armored in the right spots.

V

Vapordan

Got it down to those two:

• Alpinestars SP-1 Gloves CA$167.35

• Overlord Long Gloves MSRP: CA$134.96

Eager to pull the trigger too. If I can just fnd my 50% off coupon.

D

DJK1505

Alpinestars SP air gloves are good, like 50 bucks on ebay
Icon pursuit I like, 50 again on ebay
I have some Scorpion I forgot the names but were like 80 that are good.
Have a pair of Joe Rocket shorts in my bag as a back up that are good.

I like the long leather gloves for the winter, and short for summer. I usually go through two or three pair of gloves a season. My winter gloves last a few years, but summer gloves I am hell on. These pursuit gloves I just got are pretty nice, perforated leather, hard knuckle, slide patch on palm, and are quite comfortable. I am waiting on my new white Alpinestars SP (i forgot the number) airs to come in, they match the new jacket better than the new pursuits. Think it was scorpion that I was reading that had a kevlar/ stainless steel patch on the palm that seems pretty cool.

DJ

V

Vapordan

Got my Icon SP-2 coming in today. Now I just need some good pants to be ATGATT certified. Any hints?

I found a pants thread on here but it's way too much overwhelming info - I need to narrow it down to a few good, proven choices. I don't ride much at all, I'm in a cage most of the time. 2 1/2 months 750 km so far - shameful eh. But when I do ride, I ride her hard. I don't ride in town at all, this is strictly country roads, tearing up the asphalt, so I'm less interested in looks, more interested in protection. I need something better than jeans but comfy enough. A full suit is overkill for my riding time although that's really what I need. Maybe I'll consider a good cheap one. The roads I ride do not have frequent traffic and I could be down for a while before someone finds me so I'm more interested in protection.

Last edited by a moderator:
V

Vapordan

I had another question.

Anybody use full leathers for around town riding? Maybe going to the coffee shop etc? How practical is that - does it really get in the way or is it just a mind thing? This guy across the street from me is fully ATGATT certified - bike doesn't start if he aint in FULL BATTLE ARMOR! I would like to build that discipline but it aint easy. Part of the reason I bought an armored jacket and no pants is because I think it impractical. But now, getting various pieces is starting to add up pretty quickly. And lately, I have the feeling that those jeans just won't hold up for a slide or impact spill.

Does everyone in here have a leather suit?

lothodon

Super Moderator
if you want the protection without the battle armor heat and look, check out draggin' jeans (if they still make them), or under jeans armored shorts (icon has some, as do i).

i've never found a pair of leather pants that fit me well enough to ride in safely. then again, 6'4" makes me a VERY odd size for racing leathers.

http://www.dragginjeans.com/

Black Widow

Avid Rider
Draggin' Jeans and Bohn underarmour. Look good wherever you go, very comfy, not too hot. You can go to the mall or Café and feel good and look good. I wear them anytime i ride.

V

Vapordan

Draggin' Jeans and Bohn underarmour. Look good wherever you go, very comfy, not too hot. You can go to the mall or Café and feel good and look good. I wear them anytime i ride.

I almost bought this today actually (think on another site not sure). I paused because the fedex was something like 50 bucks for shipping. wtf? Anyway, I like that solution a lot and I think I'll buy it once my credit card cools off a bit, it's overheating.

FZER

Avid Rider
My cheep o wally world's are now deligated to only yard work. The "mesh" material has riped away from the leather on the palm and I can't trust them anymore. I feel like if I went down they'd come right off. I'm reading all sorts of good reviews on the Alpinestar's, I might give up some summer time comfort for a good set of gloves, hopefully I can get them to last a couple seasons, because if they do they will pay for themselves. I looked it up I've bought some sort of summer glove every year that I've been riding on the street prices ranging anywhere from $29 to $50. The AP S1's sure look like they are up to the task.

FZER

Avid Rider

Had to do it. Pants on the ground pants on the ground lookin like a fool with yo pants on the ground.

FZER

Avid Rider
I've never heard this before...:eek:, maybe an American slang ??

It's an song from a older guy who sang on American Idiol, because he was tired of seeing all the young guys with thier underwear showing wearing saggin pants. You Tube should have it on there. It caught on and remixes were and stuff. It's pretty funny.

W

WARPTH

I had another question.

Anybody use full leathers for around town riding? Maybe going to the coffee shop etc? How practical is that - does it really get in the way or is it just a mind thing? This guy across the street from me is fully ATGATT certified - bike doesn't start if he aint in FULL BATTLE ARMOR! I would like to build that discipline but it aint easy. Part of the reason I bought an armored jacket and no pants is because I think it impractical. But now, getting various pieces is starting to add up pretty quickly. And lately, I have the feeling that those jeans just won't hold up for a slide or impact spill.

Does everyone in here have a leather suit?

I had on a pair of hornee black storm kevlar jeans when i had my spill. came off at about 60 -70 kmh and slid long enough to put a hole in my shift leather riding shoes. but didnt wear through the kevlar lining on the jeans. was really happy with them. did buy a pair of draggins though. hopefully i dont try those ones out! Lol

FZER

Avid Rider
Holy crap! Through your boots!!??? After reading more and more I went wt the icon overlord shorts, if they'll last three years they'll pay for themselves.